Nash lost the Hornets game(s) on both side for us

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
pargo is another great player on that team. they have so many offensive weapons. earlier in the year dallas had a three point lead against them at the end of regulation. and peja hit a rainbow three to tie it right over diop. they won the game in ot. they just have so many offensive weapons.
Pargo a great player/offensive weapon? Coming into tonight's game, he shot only 40% from the field goal and 32% from the 3.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Whoever is guarded by Nash gets confident with their shots through all game, even no more guarded by Nash. Pargo, Peterson. Why can't Nash forget helping out and stick to the shooter no matter what? And whenever possible channel them into the middle where Amare and Shaq await them?

On offense, with Shaq, his dribble penetration normally is leading nowhere, or more precisely leading to turnovers or wasted time and rushed shots. Plus Nash's pullups bouncing off long, the opponents (not only Hornets) get a lot of fastbreak chances. With Shaq and Amare trying for off. rebounds, we are always late on that.

The best stretch we got offensively, is either when Nash was not on court, like from late 1st to middle 2nd q, or when Shaq gets touches on the lowpost. We gotta change that.

BTW, Linton was very good in this game. Very good defender and good shooter.

nash is the last to blame in this team.
i suggest you to compare this team before and after nash

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pargo a great player/offensive weapon? Coming into tonight's game, he shot only 40% from the field goal and 32% from the 3.

This speaks directly to the lack of defense on the Suns when Navarro did the same thing the previous night.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nash is the last to blame in this team.
i suggest you to compare this team before and after nash

I agree. Perhaps the Suns should study game film of Stockton and Malone in their later years to see how they defended... especially Stockton.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Why do you start another thread if there is already a 20-page game thread? If every poster started his own thread on the same topic, this board would be unreadable.

Some of the recent threads have been pretty redundant as it is.

They usually are in a few categories:

1. Complaining about something (See Kerr, Dianoni, ect)
2. The "Let's trade for/sign this guy no matter his abilities" thread
3. Something about the Lakers (Not sure why they are talked about so much)
4. Game threads (See 1-3 for game thread content)
5. Trolling Threads (Other teams fans, and we take the bait)
6. The Sky is Falling/Everyhting is Right With the World Thread (everything is carefully laid out about how we will win the championship, only to have a thread the next day about how we will get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well i wouldn't of known that from the games I've watched. He's lit it up when I've watched the hornets. peja too....obviously his shooting is more consistent.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
parge is strictly a bench player who comes in to get some hustle plays and hit an occasional shot or two. his length and speed is helpful on defense, though he isn't really a big "weapon" on either end of the floor

Lorenzo

Reaction score
parge is strictly a bench player who comes in to get some hustle plays and hit an occasional shot or two. his length and speed is helpful on defense, though he isn't really a big "weapon" on either end of the floor
he lit up the mavs in the first game they played in N.O. i also watched him light up another team....it may have been SA i can't remember.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
he lit up the mavs in the first game they played in N.O. i also watched him light up another team....it may have been SA i can't remember.

i didn't watch any of those games, unfortunately. i have only seen his games against us, and that's what i took from it all. he seems to light it up against us, but that really isn't much of a surprise.

edit: his career % from 3 is 37%, so he isn't a poor shooter by any means.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
Is it really Steve Nash? Or is it the fact that the rules don't favor the defender? Honestly, can you think of one single point guard in the NBA that is known as a "great defender?" It just always seems to me that point guards on every team are getting trashed lately. Maybe it's just me, but it does seem to be a pattern with more teams then just Phoenix.

Gary Payton?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol is that really the first name that came to your head?

Mine too. He is the best PG defender of this generation IMO. That was also before the rule changes.

Reaction score
If you watch closely, the Suns are getting killed whenever they go to double team someone, or they are being pick and rolled to death.

I saw a few times last night when Raja Bell was trying to double a man inside and he and Chris Paul kept passing back and forth til Raja got tired and Paul nailed a 3.

Several times last night, Nash would get picked by Tyson Chandler and Amare would step out to pick up Nash's man. Nash did not get back to his man fast enough and Amare stepped back towards Chandler which left either Pargo or Paul open to either shoot or find the open man. It was killing them all game, and this has been the biggest problem (other than turnovers)

nowagimp

Reaction score
it is rare that you find a pg with good defensive skills. i can think of a few though. Fisher, Baron, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Chauncey, to name a few.

Fisher: smart player who cant guard a quick '1' or '2' off the dribble.

Deron: Yes he is good isnt he?

Rajon: yes, though probably not strong enough to guard all PG's, and with KG behind him, if his man gets by, no problem.

Chauncey: with the pistons D, he's over rated as a on ball defender. He is not quick enough to guard the quicker point guards without prince, Rip, Rasheed behind him.

Baron: a stud, he does seem to get away with alot of hand checking and body contact w/ out calls, but he's a stud.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course not.

I took the guy's point as PGs in the league now, not historically. Thus, GP popping up first to mind really kind of makes the point...he's the guy we think of first and he hasn't been a good defender for years.

nowagimp

Reaction score
The suns are an old team, 2nd oldest in the NBA. Last night was the second of back to backs, and Nash played 40 mins, incl the entire 4th quarter the previous night, while hill also played big minutes the previous night, at 35 years old. I am not suprised the suns coughed up the game late in the first half, and that their defense looked listless. Also adding shaq and subtracting marion means a dropoff in perimeter defense. The speed of the hornets backcourt is quite a bit better, add tired legs and you have serious defensive problems. Sure would like to pick up tyron lue to keep nash from playing too many minutes. I'd like lue over cassel as cassel plays terrible defense as well. I am suprised the suns didnt play DJ much, surely he could pressure pargo, play better help from the '2' than a tired raja bell.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the guy's point as PGs in the league now, not historically. Thus, GP popping up first to mind really kind of makes the point...he's the guy we think of first and he hasn't been a good defender for years.

I understood the guys point. When I think of good PG defenders right now, I can't really think of any that are good. I had to go back and think of Gary Payton before I could remember one.

Reaction score
well i wouldn't of known that from the games I've watched. He's lit it up when I've watched the hornets. peja too....obviously his shooting is more consistent.

You and me both. From a Suns fan's point of view that doesnt see much of the Hornets, Jannero Pargo looks like he should be the NBA's 6th man of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05