NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt, a Nurk-Book combo is a killer for any defense.

If Booker is your best defensive guard… that is a problem, especially if he is backed by trash on the inside.

Again, Booker wasn’t “terrible” on D, he was mediocre. Gordon, Beal and Allen were all much worse.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown should get MVP, I think Horford probably retires, always liked him. Solid all around player.

He’s the only rotation guy Boston might lose. They should be heavy favorites again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Booker is your best defensive guard… that is a problem, especially if he is backed by trash on the inside.

Again, Booker wasn’t “terrible” on D, he was mediocre. Gordon, Beal and Allen were all much worse.

Again comparing crap to diaherrea doesn’t make crap not crap. It’s still crap. As was Booker’s D all season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sucks for the NBA. 4-1 is a whooping in the NBA.
IDK about sucking for the NBA. Celtics were favored to win all year. Most of us that post in here picked Boston to win long ago. I think the bigger picture for the NBA, we saw the best team play against arguably the best young player in the league. and we've seen that play out in the finals many times before.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't imagine the ratings will be very good. Not too many good games this series

Really bizarre that they didn’t play this game yesterday.

Was the NBA scared of tipping off against the last few holes of the US Open or something?

Sunday, Father’s Day… should have been a ratings bonanza.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Really bizarre that they didn’t play this game yesterday.

Was the NBA scared of tipping off against the last few holes of the US Open or something?

Sunday, Father’s Day… should have been a ratings bonanza.
yeah I agree. why did they opt to play a game on a Friday night and Monday night over fathers day? and it would have been better in a 2-3-2 format as some have suggested here. either way wouldn't have made a difference in who wins. Boston were always going to win this series.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK about sucking for the NBA. Celtics were favored to win all year. Most of us that post in here picked Boston to win long ago. I think the bigger picture for the NBA, we saw the best team play against arguably the best young player in the league. and we've seen that play out in the finals many times before.
It sucks for the NBA in terms of a competitive finals and fans that wanted a great series. It was 4-1. This series blew.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks for the NBA in terms of a competitive finals and fans that wanted a great series. It was 4-1. This series blew.
None of the game were really entertaining either. The Mavs got down by 20 plus almost every game, would make an inevitable run that would never actually threaten to win the game and then tonight was just beyond meh. Second half of the game just felt like both teams were running out the clock.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I guess for me being a dallas fan I have to remove myself from this and I can see where you are coming from. I will say I believe that Boston would have made quick work of any team. even if the NBA got their dream LA/Boston match up. the ratings would have been better, perhaps, but Boston would have swept the Lakers and most other teams in the west with few exceptions.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess for me being a dallas fan I have to remove myself from this and I can see where you are coming from. I will say I believe that Boston would have made quick work of any team. even if the NBA got their dream LA/Boston match up. the ratings would have been better, perhaps, but Boston would have swept the Lakers and most other teams in the west with few exceptions.
What makes championships great is great games and great series. This was anything but that. This wasn’t very competitive and Denver or Minnesota might have given Boston more competition. Boston still may have won because they are a great team but this series just sucked.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown gets MVP, deservedly so. He played bigger than Tatum in all 5 games. Tatum was really good though.
This is so wrong did you watch? Tatum numbers across the board better he got screwed just like the ECF MVP his number better that whole series as well! Not sure who he pissed of but the Voters are screwing him. Damn near triple double tonight and better than Brown in both the last two series and they gave Brown two MVPs what a joke!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes championships great is great games and great series. This was anything but that. This wasn’t very competitive and Denver or Minnesota might have given Boston more competition. Boston still may have won because they are a great team but this series just sucked.
I thought the only team who was a true match to maybe beat them was Denver. But, that was assuming Denver would round into last year's form and they just never did.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum is 26 and Brown is 27. This probably won't be a popular opinion, but I would take either one of them over Doncic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
IDK about Minnesota. I guess goebert and KP could have had a lock down series lol, only joking. I think OKC would have been a bigger threat than Minnesota or even Denver. SGA is the best player that dallas played against IMO. I think Shaq is right, SGA should have won the MVP award.

I agree with ajcardfan, I think Denver and Boston is what everyone thought we would see for most of the year. but Denver showed a lot of signs of fragility as the year went on. it's not a surprise that they lost. and it's a surprise that dallas made the finals ahead of schedule.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so wrong did you watch? Tatum numbers across the board better he got screwed just like the ECF MVP his number better that whole series as well! Not sure who he pissed of but the Voters are screwing him. Damn near triple double tonight and better than Brown in both the last two series and they gave Brown two MVPs what a joke!
I disagree. Brown was a lot better than Tatum the first 3 games, especially on D.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I disagree. Brown was a lot better than Tatum the first 3 games, especially on D.
I agree. Tatum had a couple of bad games. Brown and KP played better than Tatum in game 1. Tatum had some really good defensive plays in spots. he wasn't great on the defensive end. Brown was great at both ends for the entire series, other than game 4.