NBA Trade Winds

fordronken

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, both Posey and Jalen Rose would need to agree to any trade for it to be completed. Regardless, I think the Heat would rather have Jumaine Jones than Jalen Rose at this point.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I think Jalen turned Heats down to sign with us. So, all three parties would have to agree to the deal. But a Jalen/Banks back court backup should be a fitting one for the Heats with Wade as the only reliable there as of now and Eddie Jones, Peyton, Williams very iffy.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Some of these rumors make no sense.

Why in the world would the Nets do Vince for Grant Hill.That trade doesn't make sense for either team to me at least...

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, both Posey and Jalen Rose would need to agree to any trade for it to be completed. Regardless, I think the Heat would rather have Jumaine Jones than Jalen Rose at this point.

I didn't hear anything about no trade clauses in their contracts. So unless there is they would have a choice. Is there a rule about doing that?

Last edited:

fordronken

Reaction score
I didn't hear anything about no trade clauses in their contracts. So unless there is they wouldn't have a choice. Is there a rule about doing that?

I think it has to do with signing certain types of deals. I'm pretty sure I remember that they both had that in their contracts. Is there a way to check?

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has to do with signing certain types of deals. I'm pretty sure I remember that they both had that in their contracts. Is there a way to check?

Good question. I don't remember any of that being mentioned in the contracts but it wouldn't surprise me. I would be hard pressed though if Jalen wasn't willing. I am sure he thought he was going to get playing time on this team. He has to be dissapointed. He only has a couple years left and I am sure he doesn't want to waste one of them on the bench.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I thought the trade exception only happens when there is a discrepancy between the salaries in an accepted trade because of one team being under the salary cap, as opposed to the fudge factor.

IE, the reason we got the exception from Atlanta is because the sign and trade for JJ was because Atlanta was under the cap and did not give up enough in salaries.

I could be wrong but I didn't think fudge factor differences created an exception.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Any time a team which is over the cap takes back less salary than it gives out, a trade exception is created.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any time a team which is over the cap takes back less salary than it gives out, a trade exception is created.

Something tells me after last nights game, The San Antonio Spurs might be calling some of those teams.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Something tells me after last nights game, The San Antonio Spurs might be calling some of those teams.

The Spurs have been the subject of a lot of trade rumors. However, they don't have a lot pieces people want. Their problem is simple, they loaded up on older guys like Barry (36), Finley (34 in March), Horry (36), and Williams (36), to go with Bowen who turns 36 in June.

The rest of the roster is no longer "young". Oberto will be 32 in March, Vaugh will be 32 in a week, Ginoblli will be 30 in July, and Duncan will be 29 in April. They have some young players like Beno Udrih, but Parker is the only young star.

Of course any team with Duncan is going to be tough, but the clock is ticking for the Spurs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05