Need for Speed

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need for Speed

Release Date: March 13, 2014 (3D/2D theaters, p.m. screenings)
Studio: DreamWorks Pictures
Director: Scott Waugh
Screenwriter: George Gatins, John Gatins
Genre: Action
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language)

Starring: Aaron Paul, Imogen Poots, Dominic Cooper, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek, Harrison Gilbertson, Scott 'Kid Cudi' Mescudi, Michael Keaton, Dakota Johnson

Plot Summary: Based on the most successful racing video game franchise ever with over 140 million copies sold, DreamWorks Pictures' "Need for Speed" captures the thrills of the game in a real-world setting. An exciting return to the great car-culture films of the 1960s and '70s, when authenticity brought a new level of intensity to the action, "Need for Speed" taps into what makes the American myth of the open road so enticing.

The story chronicles a near-impossible cross-country race against time—one that begins as a mission for revenge, but proves to be one of redemption. In a last attempt to save his struggling garage, blue-collar mechanic Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul)—who with his team skillfully builds and races muscle cars on the side—reluctantly partners with wealthy, arrogant ex-NASCAR driver Dino Brewster (Dominic Cooper). Just as a major sale to car broker Julia Bonet (Imogen Poots) looks like it will save the business, a disastrous, unsanctioned race results in Dino framing Tobey for manslaughter.

Two years later and fresh out of prison, Tobey is set on revenge with plans to take down Dino in the high-stakes De Leon race—the Super Bowl of underground racing. To get there in time, Tobey must run a high-octane, action-packed gauntlet, dodging cops coast-to-coast and dealing with fallout from a dangerous bounty Dino put on his car. With his loyal crew and the surprisingly resourceful Julia as allies, Tobey defies odds at every turn and proves that even in the flashy world of exotic supercars, the underdog can still finish first.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its anything like the new game itll be forgotten before it releases.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hands down the worst ever, of anything.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I liked it. What did you not like about it Bert?

There were 1 or 2 car scenes that would never happen in real life, but it was a cool movie to watch.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I liked it. What did you not like about it Bert?

There were 1 or 2 car scenes that would never happen in real life, but it was a cool movie to watch.

The main guy was literally the worst actor I have ever seen in a leading role. The... Way... He... Paused... After... Every... Word... I felt like even if they were making a parody of this movie the director would have told him to tone it down... lol

Then the silly writing, the ridiculous car scenes, the fact that they "borrowed" a 3 million dollar mustang to get to a race across the country, it's safe to assume that in order for the car to win the race it needed to arrive in California in tact, so jumping the street tuned mustang that could go almost 300miles an hour over 100ft of medians and overpasses was probably not a great idea... And the FAA and the police really need to get on the ball cuz a dude in a single prop plane is flying through the streets of America leading the charge on some very dangerous driving.

How do you fly an airplane and accurately predict city and pedestrian traffic at the same time within seconds, 3, 2, 1...

I just dont have the "car guy" gene in me that allows me to suspend all common sense and reality to just enjoy a movie like this. Not saying anything bad about you because you liked it. I like some things that many people think are just as silly. Different strokes for different folks. I think the FATF movies are ridiculous too and they've made what, a billion dollars? Millions of people like NASCAR too and I think that's the most boring thing on TV. In short, it just wasn't for me.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Fast and Furious series.. But this just looks dumb.. Feels like it is trying to rip off F&F.. I'm not going to watch this..

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Fast and Furious series.. But this just looks dumb.. Feels like it is trying to rip off F&F.. I'm not going to watch this..

A lot of people agree with you. :D

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (opening weekend) and 300: Rise of an Empire (second weekend) both beat out Need For Speed.

Comparing it to the Fast and the Furious franchise: The lowest opening film in that series was The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift which still opened at about $7 million more than Need For Speed.

:grabs:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake