New guy asking old guys to stay!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a new guy around here but truth be told I'm not as new as people think. I've been lurking for quite some time and have grown to know a few of you from the shadows. ooooh...:jawdrop:

Anyway, I just want to say thats its sad to ever see a fellow diehard Suns fan get up and leave...even if the guy ain't my cup of tea. Why is that you say? Because in our "Cult of the Suns worship" we are all brothers because we have something in common. We are a team...comrades in arms..the Purple and Orange Army...and this is war baby! We got to have our army together when we storm the finals! And frankly, I want to be surrounded by fans that I know and have went through the war with...during the lean years when there wasn't a bandwagon fan in sight.

Therefore, I ask that Yuma, Elindholm and others that are considering leaving to stay on board. I mean really, are you going to find a better board? Do you want a board with no moderators? A board with no moderator is not a good board..it gets taken over by the children. And a board WITH a moderator will have their own quirky rules to contend with. Not only that but you put the years in on this board...why start over with people that don't know you? They wont hate you as good as we did! J/K :D Just stay...Everybody on all sides put down their cheesy little pride for a minute...Let cooler heads prevail and lets continue on with our disfunctional family. PLEASE STAY *beg beg* :notworthy See...I got no pride...no biggie. Its just internet!

LETS ALL JUST GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!

:fans:

Last edited:

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree with the O.P.

I too don't post that often but I love reading other people's opinions about the Suns. I've been reading this board since 2001 and it's the only place I go for Sun's info. I visit this site before even checking Suns.com.

Please keep up with what you all already started and drop the ego's.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please don't leave...

Consider a loss which won't be filled, not a good feeling for the rest of us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well that went over like a lead balloon. A whole two replies. I guess things are polorized right now and there is no middle ground. Too bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
polarized? Really, who cares? If those guys want to leave, they can go. But you know the only reason people post "I'm leaving" posts is to get a response in their favor, otherwise, why not just leave and leave well enough alone? I'm not saying good riddance, but to say the board is seemingly "polarized" just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I’ve been reading this board for a long time. I enjoy reading posts here and if there’s stuff that I don’t find worthwhile, well then I just don’t bother to read it. If people get their feelings hurt over a message board, there must be something else going on in their lives that is troubling them (in my opinion).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere unless they throw me out.

Even then I'd probably still hang around and watch through the fence.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ahhhh forget it then...I never meant it anyhoo..hehehehe

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
polarized? Really, who cares? If those guys want to leave, they can go. But you know the only reason people post "I'm leaving" posts is to get a response in their favor, otherwise, why not just leave and leave well enough alone? I'm not saying good riddance, but to say the board is seemingly "polarized" just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Elindholm didn't post his goodbye just to get attention. He brought up very good points that are/were problems with this board that drove his decision to leave. He was a very intelligent & respected member of this messageboard and it sucks that he won't be posting here anymore. I've been posting on these boards since the rivals days as well and the prominent posters that have been around that long have always been Chaplin, Elindholm, Joe Mama & Chandler Mike. It sucks to lose a poster of that caliber because of the way the board was being run. I know I had stopped posting after the season ended because I was tired of personal attacks and the few threads i was involved in kept disappearing (being merged with other threads).

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I thought Eric had mellowed from his responses to other posters' opinions years ago.

I post to the D'backs and Suns ASFN boards, as I did to the previous two boards from which most of our earlier members came, to see diverse opinions.

Boy, some of the guys did a job on me when I reacted to Tony Womack popping up (as our leadoff hitter), while Craig Counsell sat on the bench.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Giving their reasons for leaving could benefit the board, at least in theory. In fact, I didn't feel like I got a good understanding of why they left. Of course, that may be for the best... if they gave compelling reasons they might have started a general exodus.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Errntknght said:
Giving their reasons for leaving could benefit the board, at least in theory. In fact, I didn't feel like I got a good understanding of why they left. Of course, that may be for the best... if they gave compelling reasons they might have started a general exodus.

Yuma didnt like some threads locked he was involved in...Elindholm Didnt like the threads locked either plus some other junk. He made it sound like our constitution was under attack by the Mafia or something....some censorship stuff. Meanwhile in another thread he's asking for me to be banned because he thinks I'm a cancer...apparently we'd didnt agree enough for his tastes. I should put what he wrote in my sig....kinda funny

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It's too bad they left. I'm pretty knew here but i've read their posts and they are great members. I hope they change their minds. This is a big blow to the site. I do agree with what they said though.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I too am sorry to see Eric go. I say that after our being in a rather heated debate of late. He was always a challenge, but well reasoned and well supported ideas could pursuade him to change his mind. It was worth the effort and I'll miss him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05