New mock draft (2 rounds)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nice pick.

I still would take Barksdale if he still were on the board.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
switch it around please...I want Peterson:)

Edit to add: Ijalana in 2nd sounds like a familiar Cards story. Draft someone to play tackle and then when he can't succeed they never move him to guard where he could excel and give him to some other team for nothing in return:)

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If peterson is there we taker him hands down. But Von Miller looks freakish at OLB because He's smaller than we Need at WILB much less SILB. yea compare him to 260+ lb men and looks great, quick explosive, deadly.

But Dwash is already on the small side safety/lB combo at WILB.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks...

?

Is this a mock with a CBA going into the draft or not?

No. It's too difficult (and pointless) to try to predict everything that's going to happen with a new CBA. I think that'll be settled by the time we reach the draft though.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panthers might take Bowers and Buffalo takes Dareus. I see Fairley dropping a few slots, maybe as low as 8.

Easy for everyone to pencil in Mark Ingram to Dolphins, but they have to take a QB. Gabbert.

Definitely agree with Newton analysis. I see the drop way down more likely. If he ends up in the Green Room on draft day 1, it could get very dramatic. This is a thin offensive draft and only a handful of O players belong in the top 15. WR in the top 10 always seems to be a reach.

Last edited:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If Stefen Wisniewski is available in the second, take him.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw your 49ers 2nd round pick of Ponder. Nice pick for them.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
The Packers would take Ayers over Leshoure. Jones/Walden/Zombo was a walking (limping) time bomb that we were lucky didn't blow up.

People forget that Ryan Grant was out for the year so he's a good RB.

Packers needs are C, RG, RT, a pass rushing OLB, and a KR/PR. Everything else is just depth for a team that's already absurdly deep.

OP
OP
N

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
The Packers would take Ayers over Leshoure. Jones/Walden/Zombo was a walking (limping) time bomb that we were lucky didn't blow up.

People forget that Ryan Grant was out for the year so he's a good RB.

Packers needs are C, RG, RT, a pass rushing OLB, and a KR/PR. Everything else is just depth for a team that's already absurdly deep.

I disagree that RT is a need. Bulaga was ok there as a rookie. I also disagree that they are absurdly deep at running back. Grant is old (for a running back) and coming off of a major injury. James Starks is overrated.

Maybe they would opt for Ayers there, but I don't think so. He's more of a 4-3 weakside linebacker. Plus, I have them taking Brooks Reed in the 2nd round.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
Bulaga will move to LT and he was better than OK at RT. He was very good as the season wore on and especially in the Playoffs.

Clifton (current LT) is old and his knees are held together with chewing gum. A replacement is needed.

The Future of the Packers O-Line is:

Bulaga - Lang - ? - Sitton - ? -

and I'm not even that in love with Lang.

----------------------------------------------

RB will be platooned between Grant/Starks/Jackson

Starks is a rookie who was running behind the worst C/G run blocking combo in the NFL in Colledge and Wells. He's a better runner than Ryan Grant who has always been average but overrated due to some stat padding against inferior teams.

Jackson is horrible running the ball but he's one of the best at blitz pick up in the NFL. The Packers trusted him to block Haririson 1 on 1 and he did a damn good job. He's also a decent recieving back. His problem is hesitancy and lack of vision. As long as he's not a feature back he's fine.

If we're going RB, I'd rather have Kendall Hunter out of OK State in round 3. He can at least return punts which is an absolute must.

---------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I'd rather go Wisnewski or Ijalani, or even trade back for Moffit then go Leshoure. I know he's a good RB, but I'm comfortable with the 6 backs McCarthy keeps on the roster.

------------------------------------------------------

If everything fell perfectly the Packers would take Carimi and Moffit in rounds 1 and 2. Both are unrealistic but those are the best options. I don't hate the Brooks Reed pick, what I do hate is not going O-Line in the first two rounds.

Chaos n Suh's, The Williams Wall, and the Bears better than average D-Line are in the NFC North and playing two undersized guys at G/C in Colledge and Wells is a recipe for disaster. Lang will replace Colledge but even if he is adequete that still leaves holes at RT and C.

The consensus among Packers fans is that the needs in order are:

OT
C/OG
OLB
KR/PR
RB

I like what you've got, especially because you don't have us taking a DE, which it seems like everyone does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05