New mock from The War Room

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
ARZCardinals said:
giving up on Shazor already?

He was an All-American last year.

He's got the goods to play at the NFL level.

At FS yes we are giving up on him.

As for other positions, no one has given up on him yet.

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
IMOP i think Huff will be one of those guys that will slip into the low first round early second round. I like him a lot and would not be mad if we traded back into the first to grab him but at the 10 spot?????????thats a little high for me. And if White is on the board i dont think the cards will pass on him

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Of all the positions on the field, FS is the one valued least by NFL teams --

I just cant see spending the #10 overall pick on a free safety and passing on any position that would address either running the ball or stopping the run --

AGREED!

Rolle and especially Green should be much improved next year with a year under their belts. And Free Saftey can be addressed later on in FA or a later pick. Move the chains - control the ball (See Steelers) score touchdowns in red zone. Everything else can be addressed at a later time.

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

someone mentioned earlier they were disappointed with our #8 from last year? C'mon! HIs first game back against the Deadskins he had 2 Int's, one of them that counted.. Rolle was Fantastic, and a CB wouldn't be the worst we could do, although I would rather they do differently.. The worst they could do would be let SuperRod pick an OLineman! Olineman/Dlinemen only in
FA!! We need upgrades in the front 7 of our defense, RB, QB.. Let Denny do the one thing he's proven so far he can do... DRAFT

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
WildBB said:
AGREED!

Rolle and especially Green should be much improved next year with a year under their belts. And Free Saftey can be addressed later on in FA or a later pick. Move the chains - control the ball (See Steelers) score touchdowns in red zone. Everything else can be addressed at a later time.

:D

uhg. I hate this phrase. agree that there is a learning curve, but this phrase usually means,

"i hope this guy plays better next year so that we don't have to worry about it in FA or the draft."

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Of all the positions on the field, FS is the one valued least by NFL teams --

I just cant see spending the #10 overall pick on a free safety and passing on any position that would address either running the ball or stopping the run --

I will puke if we take Huff and pass on White. Our #1 problem is running not pass defense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Huddle Report likes Huff. Would be an interesting addition:

Drew Boylhart said:
Strengths

Michael’s size, strength and speed are excellent for any of the DB positions. He is a good tackler and has a great nose for the ball when it’s in the air. He can play special teams and has the type of cover skills that will make a lot of teams look at him as a CB. Michael shows excellent leadership qualities along with the intelligence and talent to be an impact player at the next level.

Needs to Improve

Michael is playing a safety position because he is such a good field general and tackler. The truth is that Mike is the best cover corner in this draft. Safeties get picked a lot later in a draft than a complete cover corner. In the upcoming bowl games, Mike needs to show the football world his real skills.

Bottom Line
The truth is that Michael has the quick-twitch ball skills that will make him an impact cover corner at the next level. I believe that he’s a top ten player in this draft. This kid is a complete DB that has no fear when it comes to making a tackle. Mike has helped the Griffin kid who has tremendous talent also. He has helped Griffin in raising his confidence level, trying to get him to play every down and forget it when he makes a mistake. This is a sign of a true leader and a team player. As most of you know, I’m not in love with this program because I think most of their players under- achieve, but the few that shine in spite of the lax coaching philosophy shine bright. Michael is just a hell of a player. He has the quick twitch cover corner tackling skills to go along with his leadership and good teammate skills to be one of the best players in the NFL in the next few years.