New update on Kurt

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Okay, the Vikings game is starting to look like everything is going against us. Star QB still seeing shadows, Defense gassed and crestfallen after an historic collapse, hounded young player haunted by past glory--for me it's all adding up to a W.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cardinals | Warner said he is planning to play in Week 13
Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:06:13 -0800

Bob McManaman, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner (concussion) said he is planning to play in the team's Week 13 game but he is taking things one day at a time. Warner continues to experience sensitivity to light and is seeing shadows in his field of vision.

Didn't he say this last Tuesday?????

He was "planning" to play last week. I take this for a grain of salt. I think this is more serious than even he is letting off.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That is the key for sure. We are not going to score as many points with a Leinart led offense as we did with Kurt. Having a tough defense will be the key.

They played OK. They had their breakdowns, esp. in the secondary, and if not for the 85 yard run by Johnson they played him about as well as you could. They had to account for Young and Johnson at all times and that played a big part in the breakdowns

BUT they need to get back to where they were at the end of last year. They can't have the home crowd with them always, they need to pressure more consistently w/o the constant need to bring the safety. Some of the linemen are showing their age somewhat, we need to get some young blood out there, who can bring it.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Okay, the Vikings game is starting to look like everything is going against us. Star QB still seeing shadows, Defense gassed and crestfallen after an historic collapse, hounded young player haunted by past glory--for me it's all adding up to a W.
;):p

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont know, in the late 80s/early 90s we had an insane offensive line. I think there was a season where we had over 2000 yards rushing.

I wish that were true. The closest the Cards have come to 2000 yards rushing in a season since Lomax was in 1990 with 1,912 yards. But the QB had 470 of those yards on scrambles.

They also did fairly well in 1993 with 1800 and then again in 2002 with 1,823 but again Plummer had 283 of those yards in '02.

The offensive line in those Bugel years was solid but not insane. Luis Sharpe, Derek Kennard, Bill Lewis, Lance Smith and Tootie Robbins in '93 and Sharpe, Mark May, Ed Cunningham, LSmith, and Rick Cunningham in '90.

2002 was LJ Shelton, Pete Kendall, Mark Gruttadauria, Chris Dishman, and Leonard Davis.

An excellent example of the Cards historic rushing woes is that they have not had a back with more than 4 100 games in a season since Lomax. In 1991,'94,'97 and '01 they had no one go over 100 yards.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the ultmate contrarian...I thought we would beat the Titans and we lost. I think we will lose to the Viks...we probably win. :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardcrazy
If Leinart plays QB on Sunday night we dont have a prayer!
We are a mediocre team on offense w/o Warner.
Favre and the Vikings are possibly the best offense in the league.
We need Warner if were gonna keep pace.

Love how you draw this conclusion based on what? When has Leinart got the starters reps all week in practice this season to actually be prepared to start a game? You have no idea what he would do if the game plan wasn't so blah in the first half of the Tenn. game! Your assumptions are just that and may very well be way wrong. And the best offense in the NFL is not the Vikings my man it was on display last night in NO!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish that were true. The closest the Cards have come to 2000 yards rushing in a season since Lomax was in 1990 with 1,912 yards. But the QB had 470 of those yards on scrambles.

They also did fairly well in 1993 with 1800 and then again in 2002 with 1,823 but again Plummer had 283 of those yards in '02.

The offensive line in those Bugel years was solid but not insane. Luis Sharpe, Derek Kennard, Bill Lewis, Lance Smith and Tootie Robbins in '93 and Sharpe, Mark May, Ed Cunningham, LSmith, and Rick Cunningham in '90.

2002 was LJ Shelton, Pete Kendall, Mark Gruttadauria, Chris Dishman, and Leonard Davis.

An excellent example of the Cards historic rushing woes is that they have not had a back with more than 4 100 games in a season since Lomax. In 1991,'94,'97 and '01 they had no one go over 100 yards.
This is why I absolutely LOVE reading this board. The knowledge of the fan "veterans" that can educate us younger fans. (and I don't mean 'younger' in age--just in terms of how long we've been fans...God knows I'm old).

Reaction score
:lol: :thumbup: That's what I call Cardinals logic... ;)

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Surely we suck - don't have a prayer. We got beat 38 to 17, Coach surrendered by pulling the Quarterback so the other side would see the white flag ...

Oh, wait. That was the PATRIOTS.

Nevermind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05