New worthwhile info

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The local Radio station , WQAM, which carries the U of Miami Hurricanes, just had Randy Shannon as a guest. He is the Defensive coordinator for the Canes. The host, Joe Zagacki, asked Randy if he had any insights on his Defensive players position in the draft. His response was Taylor is coveted by teams drafting 3-7. OOH, that would be the Cardinals. Vilma and DJ Williams will both be gone top 15 overall. Wilfork will be first DT. This is based on GMs, head coaches and VP of Player Personnel calling him and getting additional info on these players. He asked these people what he could tell his players and that is what he was told. He wouldn't say which teams specifically, but guaranteed those spots.

Taylor in a Cards uni. Oh yes. :cool:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
The local Radio station , WQAM, which carries the U of Miami Hurricanes, just had Randy Shannon as a guest. He is the Defensive coordinator for the Canes. The host, Joe Zagacki, asked Randy if he had any insights on his Defensive players position in the draft. His response was Taylor is coveted by teams drafting 3-7. OOH, that would be the Cardinals. Vilma and DJ Williams will both be gone top 15 overall. Wilfork will be first DT. This is based on GMs, head coaches and VP of Player Personnel calling him and getting additional info on these players. He asked these people what he could tell his players and that is what he was told. He wouldn't say which teams specifically, but guaranteed those spots.

Taylor or Wilfork will good in Cards uni.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope your right

Fitz and Roy Williams are great players and would not be upset with them but we need some help on defense.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
4 'Canes on one side of the ball in the Top 20. Very impressive.

If Vilma and DJ Williams go Top 15 I don't think there's any way Dansby falls to us in the 2nd.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Vilma and DJ Williams go Top 15 I don't think there's any way Dansby falls to us in the 2nd.
Should Dansby be discussed on this thread if he's not a 'Cane.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

Thats got to be sweet for you wally.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

This is hardly worthwhile info a college coach thinks his players are going to go high -wow.
Taylor "coveted at 3-7" everyone has been saying this for months. Ditto with Harris dropping it looks like Wilfork goes as the 1st DT. This is prattle by a guy trying to pat himself on the back.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
This is prattle by a guy trying to pat himself on the back.

Yeah, he's probably the type of guy who would go to a press conference with a poster comparing his career winning percentage to other coaches.

:rolleyes:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assface said:
Yeah, he's probably the type of guy who would go to a press conference with a poster comparing his career winning percentage to other coaches.

:rolleyes:
Uh that news conference was ABOUT DG. The chart was there to answer questions. It was perfectly legitimate and he used it when answering a question. In this case the radio show was ABOUT the NFL draft and this guy provides no insight at all. Maybe he should have brought a chart so that he would have said something we haven't heard before over and over. Did DG bring a chart to his draft conference and talk about himself uh no he talked about the draft.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Uh that news conference was ABOUT DG. The chart was there to answer questions. It was perfectly legitimate and he used it when answering a question. In this case the radio show was ABOUT the NFL draft and this guy provides no insight at all. Maybe he should have brought a chart so that he would have said something we haven't heard before over and over. Did DG bring a chart to his draft conference and talk about himself uh no he talked about the draft.

I'm just ribbing you since you were being negative towards a coach for praising his players.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
No way Vilma and DJ are gone by pick 15... You can take that one to the bank.

:wave:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Boldin said:
No way Vilma and DJ are gone by pick 15... You can take that one to the bank.

:wave:

I'll let my bank teller know but I don't think she'll care.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
This is hardly worthwhile info a college coach thinks his players are going to go high -wow.
Taylor "coveted at 3-7" everyone has been saying this for months. Ditto with Harris dropping it looks like Wilfork goes as the 1st DT. This is prattle by a guy trying to pat himself on the back.

Try reading it again BB. He was asked what Pro personnel people told him when they asked for detailed info about his players. Leave it to you to misconstrue the situation with your jaded perceptions. You don't know jack about Randy Shannon or the interview. Miami has a good rapport with pro personnel people in general and when they give access to their facilities and staff, all they ask is for real opinions from these people. This may seem foreign to you since the art of deception and conspiracy are not part of this process. I'm sure you will be watching next Saturday, or at least until Fitzgerald is picked. Take notes and practice your diatribe. :rolleyes:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

i'll be working with sporadic net access(company move networks down). so i'm having the dish moved today so i can hopefully watch the pick in our rec room in new building that day!

Taylor is still my guy.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Wally --

good info, but I dont think its anything definate.

Teams have been known to call draftees on the day of the draft to tell them "if you are there in three more spots we are taking you" -- only to have them draft someone else.

I am sure Miami's DC was relaying info in good faith, but there will be alot of draft board movement in the next week.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

"prattle" he said "prattle".

Prattle, prattle, prattle, prattle. Interesting.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

What is that sucking sound I keep hearing??

I just can't figure it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Wally --

good info, but I dont think its anything definate.

Teams have been known to call draftees on the day of the draft to tell them "if you are there in three more spots we are taking you" -- only to have them draft someone else.

I am sure Miami's DC was relaying info in good faith, but there will be alot of draft board movement in the next week.

Maybe telling him what he thought he wanted to hear. :eek:

Ah Hah! Very possible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Should Dansby be discussed on this thread if he's not a 'Cane.

maybe he always wanted to be a 'cane.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
maybe he always wanted to be a 'cane.
<in my best Silence-of-the-Lambs-turned-trucker-voice> CANDY CAAANNEE </in my best Silence-of-the-Lambs-turned-trucker-voice>

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
<in my best Silence-of-the-Lambs-turned-trucker-voice> CANDY CAAANNEE </in my best Silence-of-the-Lambs-turned-trucker-voice>

i cringe that i know this but, isn't that from the flick Joyride?