Next part of the season

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am assuming we might see Darius Robinson next week based on the comments last week that it was unlikely today more likely next week. That would be much needed.

The other guy (I mentioned Benson earlier) is Max Melton, it's getting harder and harder to ignore we're still starting Starling Thomas when Melton is fully healthy?

On offense the concern right now is of course Hernandez and how bad he's hurt. Wilson stepped up today and McBride was good. Conner was brilliant.

Zay Jones was a 5 game suspension so assuming he's reinstated maybe he gives us a bit more help at WR.

I said all along we're not a playoff team and I still fully believe that but looking at improvement the rest of the way we really need some of the young guys to step it up

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So I am assuming we might see Darius Robinson next week based on the comments last week that it was unlikely today more likely next week. That would be much needed.

The other guy (I mentioned Benson earlier) is Max Melton, it's getting harder and harder to ignore we're still starting Starling Thomas when Melton is fully healthy?

On offense the concern right now is of course Hernandez and how bad he's hurt. Wilson stepped up today and McBride was good. Conner was brilliant.

Zay Jones was a 5 game suspension so assuming he's reinstated maybe he gives us a bit more help at WR.

I said all along we're not a playoff team and I still fully believe that but looking at improvement the rest of the way we really need some of the young guys to step it up
I saw Melton getting some work today with Williams out. I think he showed well.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah this team hard to figure out.

Coaches are young and inexperienced in their roles so maybe that's part of it.

If we can stay healthy I think we'll get better as the year goes on though. I think the coaches will get better at scheming for this group, and some of the newer players will figure some things out.

But 2-0 in division and 2-3 after five. It could be worse.

Now we have Green Bay on the road.

Then the Chargers at home

and back on the road vs. the Dolphins.

Need to find a way to 2-1 over this stretch. The LA and MIA games look winnable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If we can stay healthy I think we'll get better as the year goes on though. I think the coaches will get better at scheming for this group, and some of the newer players will figure some things out.

Need to find a way to 2-1 over this stretch. The LA and MIA games look winnable.
Harbaugh is going to test our run defense.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harbaugh is going to test our run defense.
I am really surprised Shanahan didn't do the same. The Niners averaged 5.9 ypc today and had the lead for most of the game, yet Purdy passed 35 times. I just don't think they took this game very seriously, and it came back to bite them.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Getting to 4-4 would be huge!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the pack is great either but on the road yeah tough game.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really surprised Shanahan didn't do the same. The Niners averaged 5.9 ypc today and had the lead for most of the game, yet Purdy passed 35 times. I just don't think they took this game very seriously, and it came back to bite them.

The talk all week was they're concerned that they're going to wear down Mason with the workload. So maybe they figured we have no pass rush they'll pick us apart throwing the ball and give Mason a rest?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake