NFL 2012 Bold Predictions

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards trade one of their extra CB's and a pick for a Left tackle. Another 8-8 season. Texans do not reach the Super Bowl and they rue the loss of both their starting R-guard and R-tackle in Free Agency.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards trade one of their extra CB's and a pick for a Left tackle. Another 8-8 season. Texans do not reach the Super Bowl and they rue the loss of both their starting R-guard and R-tackle in Free Agency.

We have extra CBs?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have extra CBs?

For a quality left tackle? I think they're all extra. I'd hate to say good bye to Peterson because of what he may eventually become but if we had a chance to get a good (young) left tackle for him, I'd make the deal.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It should go without saying.

For a quality left tackle? I think they're all extra. I'd hate to say good bye to Peterson because of what he may eventually become but if we had a chance to get a good (young) left tackle for him, I'd make the deal.

Steve

I dont doubt that we have a lot of corners, but quantity does not equal quality. I wouldnt say we have "extra" corners in the sense we have more quality corners than we can fit on the roster. If anything we are severely lacking in quality depth at the position. Other than Peterson, there isnt a corner on our team that I could picture someone trading a decent left tackle for.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont doubt that we have a lot of corners, but quantity does not equal quality. I wouldnt say we have "extra" corners in the sense we have more quality corners than we can fit on the roster. If anything we are severely lacking in quality depth at the position. Other than Peterson, there isnt a corner on our team that I could picture someone trading a decent left tackle for.

I said corner plus a pick.

And having watched a fair amount of the preseason, there are teams that will claim the best of our leftovers for depth.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said corner plus a pick.

And having watched a fair amount of the preseason, there are teams that will claim the best of our leftovers for depth.

I think Jefferson and Adams will find a home because of their special teams play, should one of them be cut. But I dont think anyone has any measurable trade worth, we are in really bad shape as far as cover men are concerned.

It would have to be a pretty good pick.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Jefferson and Adams will find a home because of their special teams play, should one of them be cut. But I dont think anyone has any measurable trade worth, we are in really bad shape as far as cover men are concerned.

It would have to be a pretty good pick.

I imagine it would have to be a good pick to get some team's number 2 tackle too. Also, think that a Jefferson or Adams or Toler would garner a late round pick from a team that doesn't want to risk the lottery of putting in a claim.

PS - listening to Michael Lombardi on the NFL Network who says it's near imposible to pick up decent lineman in August. They are too precious.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05