nfl.com looks at Cardinals offseason

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would love to replace mendingknee with MJD. (only at a low price though, otherwise I am happy with ellington, taylor and a rookie)

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The writer of the article , makes it sound like we are a candidate for the Bronze in 2014 .
TWO THOUGHTS;

#1 - I think we are going for the Gold !

#2 - I think we are going to get Gold !

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i would love to replace mendingknee with MJD. (only at a low price though, otherwise I am happy with ellington, taylor and a rookie)

That would be an exciting move. When was he last on a team that had playoff hopes? Ever? Might bring out the best in him, when he's on, he's a beast.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The real question for me is how much do you really want to spend to replace the 687 yards Mendenhall rushed for last year? Especially when you consider Ellington's carries will only go up. I would much rather spend a 5th rounder on a RB in a deep draft than spend 2 mil on a vet.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The real question for me is how much do you really want to spend to replace the 687 yards Mendenhall rushed for last year? Especially when you consider Ellington's carries will only go up. I would much rather spend a 5th rounder on a RB in a deep draft than spend 2 mil on a vet.

Very little. Mel Kiper says this is a very deep draft for offensive tackles, running backs and wide receivers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

completely agree. and MJD really hasn't looked good for a couple years now.

i really hope the team is going into next season with the idea that Ellington, the most explosive/dangerous player is going to be the featured back with someone coming in to spell him, instead of the other way around last season. Mendy was still getting more touches then Juke the second half of last season. maybe that's because Juke was banged up, but if he's healthy this year, dude should be a focal point of our rushing/receiving attack.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I still don't see why there is a problem replacing Mendenhall with Stepfan Taylor, or Ryan Williams.

Or someone in the draft, or one of the multitude of big name, no gain running backs that could be had on the cheap in free agency.

There are so many options to replace Mendenhall, including re-signing him to a team friendly contract, that I find it a non-issue.

Andre Ellington will be back next year, thus the position is taken care of.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i read great things about andre Williams rb from BC

Your mock draft is the best i have seen

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake