Niners wins don't look so lame now, do they?

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I predicted the whiners to be 8-8 at the beginning of the year and have been telling everyone they are better than their record. I agree that this will be the big rivalry for years to come. I hope they keep winning to earn more respect for the division.

freebyrd

Reaction score
hell the niners are a legend 5 lombardi trophies sitting up there i'd give my left ear for just one if these pundits knew what they were talking about they should give them some respect

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the NFL is whacky

the Jets beat NE and the Titans on the road, lose to Oakland and SF on the road. go figure.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As I have said in other threads... if the Cards don't fix their putrid running game and add some depth on defense, I would not at all be surprised to see the 9ers win the West next year.
To expect this sort of season again next year from Kurt, Fitz, Breaston and maybe Boldin is just not realistic at all...

Why?

They put up those type numbers last year as well.

247 points and 2,256 yards passing with 21 TD passes in the last 8 games of 2007.

One thing that gets overlooked is that the Car*s have 4 blow out wins this year. I can't remember the last time that happened. Maybe 1984?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

247 points and 2,256 yards passing with 21 TD passes in the last 8 games of 2007.

One thing that gets overlooked is that the Car*s have 4 blow out wins this year. I can't remember the last time that happened. Maybe 1984?

me neither. Harry wrote that really dreary post about how this team was no better this year than last year and completely ignored this point that I made rebutting his claim.

4 games we've won by 21 or more points. I don't care who they played, that's a sign of improvement from this club (on top of very solid wins versus Miami and Dallas).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Why?

IMO, I don't believe Warner is going to be able to produce at these levels again given the conditions he's been forced to endure the last two seasons - NO running game... I am also very skeptical about Q's return...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
me neither. Harry wrote that really dreary post about how this team was no better this year than last year and completely ignored this point that I made rebutting his claim.

4 games we've won by 21 or more points. I don't care who they played, that's a sign of improvement from this club (on top of very solid wins versus Miami and Dallas).

Never said the Cards haven't improved, or that they can't beat anyone at home... They have and they can!

rishi62

Reaction score
I always thought they were a pretty good team and they match up well with us. They have a good defense and a good running game. All they needed was a decent qb and a good motivating coach. That is waht they found in hill and singletary. I think the division will be a battle between cards and 49ers over the next few years. The queerhawks are done.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IMO, I don't believe Warner is going to be able to produce at these levels again given the conditions he's been forced to endure the last two seasons - NO running game... I am also very skeptical about Q's return...

I do worry about Warner holding up for an entire season at his age but he or Leinart should be able to make this offense go next year. The Car*s have done it for 21 games now so it is starting to look like the coaching is working with the offense.

I also don't think Q is going anywhere but judging on how the staff has been able to work Breaston into the offense they'd probably be able to make it work with Doucet as well.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hope they keep winning. Dont want them to get their hands on Andre Smith or Crabtree.

It's very likely we have to face Quan Jr. (Crabtree) with Seattle. They need WR's and I think they are picking #3 right now. Crabtree has always reminded me of Q.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's very likely we have to face Quan Jr. (Crabtree) with Seattle. They need WR's and I think they are picking #3 right now. Crabtree has always reminded me of Q.
I haven't watched Crabtree play that much, but isn't he a little small to be Quan Jr.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05