No Live AZ coverage of the Cards vs Raiders game?

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
What kind of lame BS is this? I'm in Tucson and I can't find any listing of the Cards game live? Tell me this isn't true? Jim O do you know? Please tell me that the Cardinals have forgotten about us Tucson season Tix holders who drive 2 hrs every home game to root on our Cardinals? That would be low budget....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
:mad: :bang: :lame: :barf: :hammer:
Seriously...I was planning my night around this game...was ready with my new Adrian Wilson jersey and a 12 pack of miller lite...ARG...I will be soooooooooo mad!

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Thats preposterous they won't show it in Tucson. I'll get it up here in Flag b/c we have the ABC affiliate on cable. I would be so totally bitter if I lived in Tucson. Totally ridiculous.

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Really, really, really LOW BUDGET! How could the Cardinals not show a live away game in Arizona's second largest market? This is a slap in the face of a longtime season ticket holder...

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
It's not even on the radio! Way to go Cards...
Your local affiliate probably figured they could get higher ratings from showing a movie or something. If it were up to the Cards I'm sure it would be on.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Your local affiliate probably figured they could get higher ratings from showing a movie or something. If it were up to the Cards I'm sure it would be on.

Well technically it is up to the Cards. They could have signed a deal with the local Tuscon affiliate to televise all their pre-season games. Much like they have done up here in Vegas. We get every pre-season game live. I guess were just lucky.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
I live in Tucson and it bothers me a little also. It should be on the radio on AM 910.

Last edited:

MikeOnTheMic

Veteran
Reaction score
My buddy lived in Tucson for 2 years, and had his direcTV set up to get Phoenix local channels. Is that a possible option for anyone?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Tucson may be a dump, but it's also a dump less than 2 hours from the stadium in which 1 million potential fans live. It shouldn't be ignored when your team is dead last in the NFL in attendance, merchandise sales and revenue.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I think this would be a perfect time to bring this to the Cards attention. Granted I don't know how they could have NOT known this but.. they need to be made aware that they are alienating potential fans.

Where is Jim O when you need him?

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
I emailed them last week and they let me know I could watch it on FOXAZ the next day. Their preseaon has allways been messed up. I think it was 2 years ago that my dad came down from Scottsdale to watch it because he didn't get AZ TV on directv.

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Tucson certainly isn't a dump...infact it's quite nice...it's on tape delay on Fox Sports AZ at 10:30 am Saturday..

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
What kind of lame BS is this? I'm in Tucson and I can't find any listing of the Cards game live? Tell me this isn't true? Jim O do you know? Please tell me that the Cardinals have forgotten about us Tucson season Tix holders who drive 2 hrs every home game to root on our Cardinals? That would be low budget....

That is pretty dissapointing.

You would think after changing the team name from the Phoenix Cardinals to the Arizona Cardinals they would do more to try to attract the Tucson crowd.

Ehh, I don't know much about marketing and broadcasting, but I would think that in the sports-dead summer they should be able to swing a deal with some station that would otherwise put on infomercials.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Jttsaz I can relate. I went threough the same excersize last weekend for the KC game.
I'm going to look around the NW side and see if one of the local pubs can pick up the game on sattelite.
It is ridiculous that the Cards didnt work out a contract with one of the local stations even if only for a radio broacast. What could three hours of am airtime cost?
ALthough I have to give the front office some credit they have provided a bus for the preseason home games this year. And at 11 bucks its a great deal.
I'll post here if I locate a live feed
I would ask other Tucson fans to do the same.