Nobody remember the 2001 Panthers game?

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals win, on the road 30-7

One of the most dominating road wins in the past decade (which isn't saying much)

This game stands out in my mind the most because of how much Tillman dominated. He rocked TWO guys going over the middle early in the game, so much that the Panthers literally stopped throwing over the middle. This was probably his best overall game as a Cardinals player.

Here's hoping for a repeat in domination!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm hoping a completely healthy AW will help disguise some deficiencies in our coverage. I'm certain our front 7 will keep their running game honest, I'm just concerned when Delhomme goes for the deep pass to a streaking Steve Smith

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Cardinals win, on the road 30-7

One of the most dominating road wins in the past decade (which isn't saying much)
To be fair in the interest of full disclosure, that 2001 Carolina team was just plain awful. After winning the first game of the season, they proceeded to lose out the rest of the way and finished 1-15. We caught them at the end of December when they were more than ready to go on vacation.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The first game I remember Freddie Jones ever doing anything. Remember how fired up the board was to get him? What a dud.

pnthrfan

Reaction score
To be fair in the interest of full disclosure, that 2001 Carolina team was just plain awful. After winning the first game of the season, they proceeded to lose out the rest of the way and finished 1-15. We caught them at the end of December when they were more than ready to go on vacation.

Yea, it was a bad season for the Panthers and the fans. But, it wasn't so bad for me. Here's why. None of the games where televised because, well you know. Anyway, my wife and I would draw up a poster board size football field and use stick pins for the first down markers and ball marker and follow the game listening to the radio. That's the year my wife became a huge football fan. And now she is a bigger Panther homer than anyone I know. Well except for me. True story. GO PANTHERS!!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Yea, it was a bad season for the Panthers and the fans. But, it wasn't so bad for me. Here's why. None of the games where televised because, well you know. Anyway, my wife and I would draw up a poster board size football field and use stick pins for the first down markers and ball marker and follow the game listening to the radio. That's the year my wife became a huge football fan. And now she is a bigger Panther homer than anyone I know. Well except for me. True story. GO PANTHERS!!

That's good stuff. Great tidbit.