Not about the money?

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
"You get to a certain point in your life where the money's not a factor and you just want to win," Dampier told The Associated Press. "I'm not getting any younger and I want to be in the playoffs so I have a chance to compete for a championship."

We may have a chance to not only get Nash, and Q this off -season but Dampier too. Of course it would have to be a sign and trade just as long as we dont give up JJ or Marion I'm happy, but if we had to lose one of them I would never part with Marion. I really think Marion will be the glue to this team in the future.

Im keeping my fingers crossed. :D

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My3Suns said:
"You get to a certain point in your life where the money's not a factor and you just want to win," Dampier told The Associated Press. "I'm not getting any younger and I want to be in the playoffs so I have a chance to compete for a championship."

We may have a chance to not only get Nash, and Q this off -season but Dampier too. Of course it would have to be a sign and trade just as long as we dont give up JJ or Marion I'm happy, but if we had to lose one of them I would never part with Marion. I really think Marion will be the glue to this team in the future.

Don't believe anyone who says it's not about the money, at least up to a point.

He walked away from over $8.5 million a year for two years in order to get a better long term deal. He has a history of injuries, so he is taking a huge risk if he signs a one year deal with anyone.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
My3Suns said:

Dampier's options are limited. It seems as though the Knicks dont have anything that GS wants and they wasted most of their mle on Vin Baker. Memphis and Phoenix are both teams in the west and apparently GS said that they would NOT trade Damp to anyone in the west. Memphis doesn't have an MLE because of Cardinal. That really only leaves Atlanta. I dont care how much Damp wants to play for a winner, he's no fool. He takes their reported 50 mill offer and runs with it. He's not signing a one year deal with anyone, and if he does he is an idiot.

I think the suns can put a pretty good package together (possibly better than memphis) if the reports that GS is opposed to dealing him in the west are false.

arizonaman

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do not think that he is worth trading marion or jj for though. Especially Marion we need him on the court if we want to be able to be a threat this season and switching him for dampier is not worth it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Of the two, I would trade JJ before Marion because we now have Q. You always try and trade a big for a small, if you can. That being said, no way JJ's salary is even in the ball park of Dampier. If we resign JJ to makew that happen, no way should GS pay that amount of money for JJ instead of Dampier. Just MHO. :)

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Of the two, I would trade JJ before Marion because we now have Q. You always try and trade a big for a small, if you can. That being said, no way JJ's salary is even in the ball park of Dampier. If we resign JJ to makew that happen, no way should GS pay that amount of money for JJ instead of Dampier. Just MHO. :)
JJ and filler for Dalembert and crap would be awesome!

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
And one of the most unrealistic ideas of the summer.

Come on, I suggested Marion and stuff for Duncan. I think that HAS to be the most unrealistic proposal of the summer. :thumbup: