Now that we're 3-0, anyone care to change their season predictions?

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty drunk on Cardinal Kool-aid, but lets' predict the rest of the season now that it's 3/16th over!

Established:
Seattle: 20-16
@New England 20-18
Philadelphia 27-6

My Prediction:
Miami: W
@St. Louis: W
Buffalo: W
@Minnesota: W
San Francisco: W!
@Green Bay: L (lose a close one)
@Atlanta: W
St. Louis: W
@New York Jets: W (in the snow!)
@Seattle: W
Detroit: W
Chicago: W (thanks for catching that gmabel)
@San Francisco: L (we rest our starters because we clinched the #1 seed!)

Yes, 14-2 IS in this team's grasp! I predict 2 or 3 loses but I'm optimistic with only 2 :) But as always, one game at a time and let's enjoy being 3-0!

Now give us your revised predictions!

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty drunk on Cardinal Kool-aid, but lets' predict the rest of the season now that it's 3/16th over!

Established:
Seattle: 20-16
@New England 20-18
Philadelphia 27-6

My Prediction:
Miami: W
@St. Louis: W
Buffalo: W
@Minnesota: W
San Francisco: W!
@Green Bay: L (lose a close one)
@Atlanta: W
St. Louis: W
@New York Jets: W (in the snow!)
@Seattle: W
Detroit: W
@San Francisco: L (we rest our starters because we clinched the #1 seed!)

Yes, 14-2 IS in this team's grasp! I predict 2 or 3 loses but I'm optimistic with only 2 :) But as always, one game at a time and let's enjoy being 3-0!

Now give us your revised predictions!

So is Chicago just going to implode to the point where they don't even show up to play us? :D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't even make a prediction. I've been wrong on all mine anyway and it's better if I don't jinx anything. The season is so long, and we could have issues if Dock misses any time and Adub is still out. We could still get hit with the injury bug, which is my biggest fear.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The back 9 games in our schedule still pretty much scare the crap out of me. San Fran twice, Green Bay, Atlanta, Jets, Seahawks on the road.. Bears and Lions at home -- none of those will be easy games. Heck, Rams played us tough twice last year.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think they may lose a couple games that they shouldnt lose. They will be games where they might just not show up to play or take too lightly

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said in the preseason and in the opener the people saying this was going to be a very bad Cardinal team were going to be wrong because of the defense and the ST.

I think 14-2 is probably a WEE bit optimistic but this is a team nobody is going to feel comfortable playing, especially at home.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is Chicago just going to implode to the point where they don't even show up to play us? :D

They better show up.... I'm coming over for that game!!!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I will eat some serious crow..... I doubted them all off-season. To say that I am shocked would not encapsulate how horribly wrong I was.

I thought 4-6 wins was our range. I am so glad to be wrong.

freebyrd

Reaction score
i won't predict the record but we are going to the superbowl
thats right i said it :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least your not that one guy who predicted 1-15 for the Cards!

I was gonna say that makes me twice as smart as him and then I remembered he gets paid the big bucks to do stuff like this. Which, obviously, makes him a lot smarter than me because I mostly get paid in Monopoly money.

Steve

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I predicted between 9-11 wins and I would probable change that to 10-12 at this point.

seesred

Reaction score
If our D stays somewhat healthy, I believe will we seeat least one plaoff game at home! I said at the start of the season we could win9-10 games. I'll move that up to 11 wins.
I'snt this FUN!

GBR

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It is great to be excited and happy to be 3-0 for most of us aren't old enough to have ever experienced that. But we all know that every NFL team including us, are only one or two major injuries away from having a season wiped out.

That is the only thing I am afraid of at this point. We aren't that deep anywhere on offense except maybe WR. We have to pray everyone else stays healthy throughout the year.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-0 is fantastic. However that record wont get us in the playoffs. The Cards had better not start looking farther ahead than their next game. This team isn't good enough to do that.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nope................well actually a little

8-8.

At best 10-6 (I 1st said 9-7), and worst 6-10.

A LOT of football still to be played. Way too much to be getting ahead of ourselves.

This week ? Miami has all the makings for the classic trap game. Just play Seattle a division opponent, New England, and Philly. Now we are at home, against Miami.

That is a trap game if I have ever seen one.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I had us at 4-5 wins on the year (5 if we beat Seattle for the opener.) 2nd half of the schedule is challenging.

I'm still having a hard time believing we can get more than 9 wins, but, I'l go with that for now.

9-7, 2nd to San Fran in the division - no playoffs.

Go Cards!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would have predicted as low as 4 wins, when the Cards had won 7 of 9 previous games.

I would not have predicted the win in NE, but 2-1 seemed reasonable.

I could easily see a loss to Minnesota, Atlanta, Greenbay, Seattle, and maybe 2 losses to San Francisco.

10 and 6 is probably conservative and reasonable.