Now that we're 3-0, anyone care to change their season predictions?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would have predicted as low as 4 wins, when the Cards had won 7 of 9 previous games.

I would not have predicted the win in NE, but 2-1 seemed reasonable.

I could easily see a loss to Minnesota, Atlanta, Greenbay, Seattle, and maybe 2 losses to San Francisco.

10 and 6 is probably conservative and reasonable.

1. Weak competiton during win streak last year (though SF game was inspiring).
2. Rookie RT that slid in the draft.
3. Back-up LT with almost NO game experience.
4. Uninspiring play from both Kolb & Skelton.
5. Non existant running game.
6. Challenging 2nd half of the season schedule, still to come.

To me, that added up to 4-5 wins. Looks like I'll be wrong, though I still don't see the 10+ wins people are crowing for. I hope on wrong on that account too.

Go Cards!!!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty drunk on Cardinal Kool-aid, but lets' predict the rest of the season now that it's 3/16th over!

Established:
Seattle: 20-16
@New England 20-18
Philadelphia 27-6

My Prediction:
Miami: W
@St. Louis: W
Buffalo: W
@Minnesota: W
San Francisco: W!
@Green Bay: L (lose a close one)
@Atlanta: W
St. Louis: W
@New York Jets: W (in the snow!)
@Seattle: W
Detroit: W
Chicago: W (thanks for catching that gmabel)
@San Francisco: L (we rest our starters because we clinched the #1 seed!)

Yes, 14-2 IS in this team's grasp! I predict 2 or 3 loses but I'm optimistic with only 2 :) But as always, one game at a time and let's enjoy being 3-0!

Now give us your revised predictions!

I sure like you optimism but I do not share it. I can see us losing at SF, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago and perhaps at the Vikings. All this is based on a healthy Kolb and other key players. That is 11-5 which should get us into the playoffs. The Bears are especially tough this year as is Atlanta. We need to win as many division games as possible.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If our D stays somewhat healthy, I believe will we seeat least one plaoff game at home! I said at the start of the season we could win9-10 games. I'll move that up to 11 wins.
I'snt this FUN!

GBR

I had us 8-8 at the start but now have us 11-5 and in the playoffs. We have already won three that I did not think we could win.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
I will eat some serious crow..... I doubted them all off-season. To say that I am shocked would not encapsulate how horribly wrong I was.

I thought 4-6 wins was our range. I am so glad to be wrong.
Chill out man we can still go 3-13...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would have predicted as low as 4 wins, when the Cards had won 7 of 9 previous games.

I would not have predicted the win in NE, but 2-1 seemed reasonable.

I could easily see a loss to Minnesota, Atlanta, Greenbay, Seattle, and maybe 2 losses to San Francisco.

10 and 6 is probably conservative and reasonable.

Because, we went from a weak O line to what appeared to be an even weaker one. Massie has stepped in and played very well and Batiste, frequent holds and all, has pretty much equalled Levi in the passing game. We were manhandled by opposing defenses in preseason and I didn't think we'd get that worked out until our new guys gained some experience and the unit gained some cohesion. I figured that wouldn't happen until the 2nd half of the season at the earliest and by then we'd be so far out of it that we'd pack it in. I'm thrilled I was wrong.

Steve

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
3-0 is fantastic. However that record wont get us in the playoffs. The Cards had better not start looking farther ahead than their next game. This team isn't good enough to do that.

You can only play one game at a time and you have no idea of who will get injured. Our immediate goal is to beat Miami and stay healthy. Look no further than that and hope your QB continues as he has.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05