Off-season thread pt.1

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
I would actually have to consider Amare for Oden. How many rings did Shaq/Hakeem win over their careers? How many rings did Barkley/Malone win over their careers?

Don't know if I'd give up Amare/#4 though. Amare/#24/future first and we can talk. If we could land Oden and Conley or Oden and Horford, I would have to seriously consider it. That's like having a frontline of David Robinson and, say, Otis Thorpe.

Other than that, Stoudemire is completely untouchable!

How about looking to DEN for Camby? Why not see if they bite on Marion/Bell or Marion/Barbosa/#24 for Camby/Smith or Camby/Blake or something like that? Hell, I'd send Marion for Hilario and swap our #29 for their pick. If they could run Iverson-Melo-Marion-whoever-Camby or Hilario, I think they'd be happy.
Suns do not have the pieces to trade for Camby unless Denver is willing to do a KT/Atlanta's 1st rounder for Camby.

Camby's contract 07/08: 8 million, 08/09: 8 million 09/10: 7.65 million
Marion's contract 07/08 16.44 million, 08/09: 17.18 million
If Marion were included the Suns would have to take on Kenyon Martin's contract :nono:

NDNACE

Rookie
Reaction score
This team is two freakish occurences from playing Utah on Sunday. They won 62 games and are the most entertaining team to watch. I believe we keep our core together for at least one more year and just upgrade the bench. As long as we have a healthy Amare we a have at least a ten year window. Look at what happened to Minnesota when they tinkered too much with the line up around Garnett.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, btw....

On Oden, the last time we heard about how NBA-ready a center was, he was called Tim Duncan. Funny how that one turned out....

I don't know if Oden will pan out as well as people expect him to immediately. His low post game isn't THAT good, and he still takes "Amare fouls". Seriously... in the NCAA tournament that guy couldn't stay out of foul trouble to save his life. I really think he has a long ways to go before. KD is where it's at. He's a total beast. Now he just needs to learn how to defend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05