Offense sells tickets.......

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
defense wins championships. Keep that in mind for this years draft.

We need to sell tickets. We need to create an explosive offense that, in essence, is never out of any game. Kind of like the old Cardiac Cards. When you think back to the 70's playoff teams , defense does not come to mind.

Offense will create an "excitement" that has been lacking in a big way. We scored 256 pts last year. How pathetic is that? How much would this current defense have to improve to make this current offense "adequate'?
The answer: NOT ENOUGH!

Round 1. WR-Larry Fitzgerald (Winslow if Fitz is gone)
Round 2. OT-Jacob Rodgers( Move Clement inside....or just move him)
Round 3. RB-Tatum Bell (insurance and the speed back DG needs)
Round 4. CB-Nathan Vasher ( here's a punt returner and a little "D" help)

Ok, from here on we can go defense.

Rip away boys!!!

P.S. I'll bet I could even win Skorp over with this draft if I replaced Fitzgerald with Rivers! :D

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Ya, ya, Emmitt Smith sold as many tickets as Larry Fitzgerald will. Our lesson should have been learned by now. The Cardinals will "sell more tickets" once they start winning. I gaurantee you, if we're 4-2 by the bye week, we'll be selling out as long as we stay competitive for the rest of this season.

The best way to win, is to draft the offensive lineman FIRST, and (another) wideout second if we really think we need to. If Gallery is there at #3, picking him would be the biggest help to our DEFENSE.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
Lex said:
Ya, ya, Emmitt Smith sold as many tickets as Larry Fitzgerald will. Our lesson should have been learned by now. The Cardinals will "sell more tickets" once they start winning. I gaurantee you, if we're 4-2 by the bye week, we'll be selling out as long as we stay competitive for the rest of this season.

The best way to win, is to draft the offensive lineman FIRST, and (another) wideout second if we really think we need to. If Gallery is there at #3, picking him would be the biggest help to our DEFENSE.

Lex, I'm not sure about the need for an offensive lineman "FIRST", but you make a lot of sense here. No single player is going to make much difference unless the difference manifests itself in wins.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Offense sells tickets.......

No, Air Conditioning sells tickets. Right now all we've got are a few weak drafts and a handful of fans. But 2006 is coming....

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
A good offense can be neutralize by a good defense. We need balance on both sides of the ball. Even with a good offense like the Colts have, the Patsies still neutralize them.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The refs blew the NE-INDI game. The NFL as much as admitted by what happened in the SB regarding the pass inteference warnings and the instructions this off season. If the refs had done their job properly I think INDI might have very well won that game! The NFL admitted the refs did wrong in that game. So that example is not the best.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing sells tickets and its not OFFENSE or DEFENSE!

Heres a hint: WINNING!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shane H said:
One thing sells tickets and its not OFFENSE or DEFENSE!

Heres a hint: WINNING!
I agree with one exception: Randy Moss! Since he arrived every single Vikes game has been sold out even during 2 losing seasons! Randy Moss sells tickets!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I agree with one exception: Randy Moss! Since he arrived every single Vikes game has been sold out even during 2 losing seasons! Randy Moss sells tickets!

It has been more than Randy Moss. It has been Daunte Culpepper who is an exciting player in his own right. Plus;

You cant compare the two in any way. The Cards are perennial losers with a history of bad play and piss poor management. That is not so with the Vikes. Minneapolis isnt as much of a transient town like AZ who has migrants from all over the country who have allegiances to other teams.

You have been to the NFC Campionship game recently. You have been in the playoffs several times recently. The Vikes have given the fans a reason to believe and a reason to support them and that sole reason isn't Randy Moss.

I would guarantee you that if Randy Moss had been with the Cardinals the last 6 years the team would not have even come close to selling out. Just not the same circumstances. But hey that was a nice try.

seesred

Reaction score
Winning sells tickets. Proof 1998 sell out against Dan Diego last game almost all Cardinal fans.

GBR

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More on Moss.
But before Moss when the Vikes were a playoff team and had a great tradition they did not sell out. Only after Moss did they sell out. And Culpepper did not play for 1 year and half a year during that sell out span in MIN.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
The Vikings have been selling out since the 60's. From about 66 to 86, when I was going to a few Viking games, you would be lucky to get in the stadium.

Minneapolis is situated close to North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and a bunch of other population centers that have no other NFL choice.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lex said:
The Vikings have been selling out since the 60's. From about 66 to 86, when I was going to a few Viking games, you would be lucky to get in the stadium.

Minneapolis is situated close to North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and a bunch of other population centers that have no other NFL choice.
In the 90s the games were NOT sellouts until Moss arrived. If you don't believe me I am sure you can google it. I am talking sell outs. Every seat sold.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Vikesfan-

I came to Arizona in 1986, so I'm not sure that every Viking game since then has been a total sellout ...however I doubt they've been much short of sellouts.

My point was, the Vikings have been selling out for over 20 years before Randy Moss was born. They have a long winning tradition, and that's why they sell out. People don't buy NFL tickets because of a player.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have removed all the nonsense from this thread. If you want to continue talking about the other stuff go to the Politics board where I created a copy of this orignal thread.

Thanks

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I have removed all the nonsense from this thread. If you want to continue talking about the other stuff go to the Politics board where I created a copy of this orignal thread.

Thanks

That ain't right. Unless you banned Bobcat - the PUTZ. :D

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

Thanks

Wait a minute now - I am a little irritated with this. I spent several minutes of my time responding to his ridiculous tirade, and he himself is a moderator, if I am not mistaken. Why now????? Is he French??? Doh!!

Explain please.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dopleganger said:
Wait a minute now - I am a little irritated with this. I spent several minutes of my time responding to his ridiculous tirade, and he himself is a moderator, if I am not mistaken. Why now????? Is he French??? Doh!!

Explain please.
I don't know how to make this any more clear for you. I made a copy of this thread with all your BS over on the Politics board.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28808

Now stop wasting our time over here.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I don't know how to make this any more clear for you. I made a copy of this thread with all your BS over on the Politics board.

This is not an explanation. I have no interest in going to the politics board. This was brought here by Bobcat and foisted on me.

Again why now??? Am I wrong about him being a moderator??

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

Is it really too much to ask for an explanation?? This isn't a politcal question this is a board policy question. If you can't explain it, maybe you shouldn't have done it and admit it. Maybe Bobcat shouldn't have done what he did and admit that(and/or get banned).

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Lex said:
Vikesfan-

People don't buy NFL tickets because of a player.

Tell that to the Falcons fans!

After Vick was drafted they had a 27% (68,871 average) rise in attendence, and prior to last year "... had sold all their season tickets for only the second time in franchise history and needed 26 minutes to sell their entire single-game supply of 1,000 tickets per game."

The 2 years prior to Vick's arrival they were second to last in the league in attendance (to the Cards) and had not sold out season tickets since 1981.

Sure Arthur Blank restructuring the ticket prices helped, but Vick was the main reason for this!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dopleganger said:
Is it really too much to ask for an explanation?? This isn't a politcal question this is a board policy question. If you can't explain it, maybe you shouldn't have done it and admit it. Maybe Bobcat shouldn't have done what he did and admit that(and/or get banned).
It's quite simple really, this board is dedicated to the Cardinals. If you and Bobcat want to debate politics then you can do it over at the politics board. It can't be that hard to comprehend.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05