Official Are We Better Off With Leinart thread

Does Leinart give us a better chance to win than Kurt did?

• Total voters

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Public Poll.

And no, this isn't will Leinart lead us to a lot of wins.

But instead...do we have a better chance of winning with Leinart under center than we did with the current (not MVP-era) Kurt Warner?

And it's just yes or no...none of the "it's the d, oline, green, bidwills" type responses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. This is kind of a no duh poll.

Not really...I'm thinking there are some secret haters out there that still love the MVP Warner days. If not, boy what a difference a week has made since last week some people thought the dumbest thing in the world to do was to start Matt, Kurt deserved a chance, etc.

Just a heat check for the remaining Warner bandwagon...and an idea of who we might hear from if/when Matt struggles.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the state of the current OL I think that Leinart gives us a better chance to win. We need a QB that can run when the pocket breaks down.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not really...I'm thinking there are some secret haters out there that still love the MVP Warner days. If not, boy what a difference a week has made since last week some people thought the dumbest thing in the world to do was to start Matt, Kurt deserved a chance, etc.

Just a heat check for the remaining Warner bandwagon...and an idea of who we might hear from if/when Matt struggles.

Who in the world doesn't think that it is time to start planning for the future??

At least starting Matt gives me a reason to stay conscious for the last 6 games.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LMAO....I see that.......can you make this guy explain himself??

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, the answer is yes.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we keep Warner on the team for this and next season. He is a class act and will be an excellent mentor and backup for Leinart. I'm not sure what the cap hit will be if we let him go at the end of the season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If it only applies to this year it would have to be no or maybe.

But for the long term we'll be better off with Leinart starting now.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Not necessarily

It's more a matter of Kurt losing the job thru continuous turnovers and ineffectiveness.

Whether Loney can rehabilitate the five misfits,- four of whom should be arrested for stealing their paychecks - will play a bigger role in future wins and losses IMO. Fixating on Matt as the solution while ignoring the sorry O-line is asking the wrong question.

The real question: Will Leinart survive da Bears in one piece?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your talking long term...yes. If your talking about just getting him experience then yes. However, if your talking about this season and winning...he will fair no better then Warner. This offensive line will see to that.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say we are better off this season and long term. The amount of rookie mistakes being made were staggering.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Not really...I'm thinking there are some secret haters out there that still love the MVP Warner days... Just a heat check for the remaining Warner bandwagon...and an idea of who we might hear from if/when Matt struggles.

D-D:

Just so we're clear, I'm no "secret hater," whatever that means. I'm thrilled that the Cardinals have Matt Leinart on the roster, and I think that he'll eventually be a very good NFL QB based on what I've seen to-date. And I'll be pleasantly surprised if his mere presence under center solidifies the OL and revives the running game.

But I remember clearly what happened when a "struggling" Kurt Warner was replaced in New York at 5-4, and the Eli Manning-led Giants won one more game the rest of the season. Great for Eli's development, not so much for the team's record that season. Your poll had to do with Leinart giving the Cardinals a better chance of winning games this year, correct?

So I expect to see Leinart do some good things, based on his obvious ability, and some bad, based on his obvious inexperience (and the limitations of his offensive line). I hope to see more of the former, and less of the latter. Mostly, however, I hope that he benefits from his on-the-job training, and that the Cardinals have a healthy, established young starter to begin the 2007 season. :thumbup:

WC

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I say we are better off this season and long term. The amount of rookie mistakes being made were staggering.

Warner made a lot of mistakes. He had a history of fumbling. I don't know if anybody was surprised by this.

Leinart will make his share of mistakes too. He's going to be blitzed ferociously. But, it's just time for him to take a look at some pro defenses.

Get him ready to go for next year.

Now if Leinart can shore up a DE spot, a LB spot, RCB and play 4 positions on the line....I'd say bring on the playoffs.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if Leinart can shore up a DE spot, a LB spot, RCB and play 4 positions on the line....I'd say bring on the playoffs.

Dont be ridiculous NEZ, this isnt Quan we're talking about.

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm, experienced player making rookie mistakes, or a rookie that can develop? I'll take the rookie that can develop. I hate to say it but Kurt's starting days are done, unless he'd like to be a Raider.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your poll had to do with Leinart giving the Cardinals a better chance of winning games this year, correct?

Correct.

And I remember Kurt back then..he was bad but not this bad.

And I like Eli a lot as a QB, but Matt comes in as a much more prepared guy.

I not only think Matt now is better for long term, I think he gives us a better chance to win (ie, we would have beaten the Rams with him under center, instead of lost).

But you answered the poll question in the correct manner.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My big fear with Matt is Bill Walsh.You just know someone is going to put a mic in his face soon and he'll compare Matt to Joe Montana and doom him to a mediocre career.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Woulda could shoulda D-Dogg you can't see we would have won any game with Leinart! It is time for him to start yes is he better for this years wins and losses no. The more experienced QB is Warner and would be better for this season, but at this point who cares with the line we have we are going no where fast. Let Leinart learn and hopefully survive the rest of the season. I will be waiting to see what the cards management decides to do about the pathetic line in the offseason!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hmmm, experienced player making rookie mistakes, or a rookie that can develop? I'll take the rookie that can develop. I hate to say it but Kurt's starting days are done, unless he'd like to be a Raider.

My thoughts exactly, I think it will be a bit easier to stomach a rookie making rookie mistakes, than a veteran making rookie mistakes.

Either way though, nothing will improve all that much till the OL is fixed.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he probably does...if he doesn't get broken into pieces behind the OL. In the end, that is the real issue here but hey, Leinart probably does put the team in the best chance to win...only a few games...right now.