Official Game Thread: Suns at Sixers

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Suns might get by tomorrow but I'm worried about minutes played - Maciej Lampe, Leandro Barbosa, and Casey Jacobsen deserve a few minutes more IMO, at least on back to backs. I do believe Suns could've expected a blowout going into 2nd Half, even if it's a few minutes though - I'd like to see depth used. I like subbing patterns, rotating players in but IMO Lampe shouldn't ever get a DNP.

Remember it was ME that gave 81-1 prediction, could be close :wave:

I can't wait for College Basketball to start, I believe on 15th - Bulls Draft Pick, will be exciting to follow...

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
playstation said:
richard jefferson, the nets only real weapon, played 57 minutes friday night....now he gets to run his ass off :)

And he had 11 turnovers. The Suns so far are the best team in the league at forcing turnovers.

The Nets will be in trouble.

Their starting lineup is Collins, Eric Williams, Jefferson, Mercer, Vaughn.

In other words awful and playing right into the Suns' cards.

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Their starting lineup is Collins, Eric Williams, Jefferson, Mercer, Vaughn.

In other words awful and playing right into the Suns' cards.

Ouch. That's a pretty terrible starting 5. Even for the East. I remember two years ago when Vaughn started the season off shooting something like 0 for 25.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I expect a let down tomorrow night but we should take two of the next three. Not a bad way to start off the year with a 3-1 roadie.

NJ just played 2 OT's.

What gives you the idea that there will be a let down?

In my mind, we haven't even seen this team team max out yet. Sure, there will be let downs... but I'm not seeing it in NJ.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect to see the Suns backup players get more early minutes against the Nets, after JJ and Shawn played over 40 last night. Of course with the way JJ is playing, it is hard to take him off the court.

The Suns game plan of running the other team off the court looks very promising against the weary Nets. What is even better, the Nets have shot only 37.8% from the field this season and has been outrebounded -6 which means the Suns will get plenty of opportunties to run.

asudevil83

Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
109-93 suns.

Amare explodes for 30'something points and 10+ boards
Marion goes for 18 points and 12 boards
Nash has 15 points and 10+ assists
JJ goes for 20+ points 6 boards and 5 assists
Q goes for 15+ points 5 boards

its going to be a run and gun game with these guys getting a good amount of minutes unless its a blowout early....which probably wont happen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
you've got five guys at 98+ points. i don't think that's gonna happen. in fact, i think it'll be the rare game where all five of 'em go into double digits. and REALLY rare when they all hit for over 15, especially if one goes for 30+ and another for 20+.

StatsAmare said:
Hey!! let ASU talk, hell I'd love to see that game.

i'm sorry guys...i'd like an apology.

if you'd like their stats for the night....here you go

Amare 29 Points 10 Boards
Marion 24 Points 11 Boards
Nash 9 Points 10 Assists
JJ 22 Points 3 Boards and 3 Assists
Q 15 Points 7 Boards

Totals = 99 Points 31 Boards and 13 Assists

Thank you very much

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
i'm sorry guys...i'd like an apology.

if you'd like their stats for the night....here you go

Amare 29 Points 10 Boards
Marion 24 Points 11 Boards
Nash 9 Points 10 Assists
JJ 22 Points 3 Boards and 3 Assists
Q 15 Points 7 Boards

Totals = 99 Points 31 Boards and 13 Assists

Thank you very much

I am not the one that this is directed to but I am happy to give you one of these. :thumbup:

: patontheback:

Nash didn't have double digit points but I think he would have if he didn't have to sit due to foul trouble in the 4th.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
the genius award for the evening went to Kenny Thomas, who was quoted as follows:

"It seemed like they shot 90 percent and they never missed," Sixers forward Kenny Thomas said.

hmmmmmmmm....

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
genius analysis of the evening goes to the Philly enquirer, which stated the following:

"At times, Phoenix's style can be dangerous. When the Suns aren't hitting from the outside, or getting transition points, and Stoudemire is bottled up inside, there really is no option No. 4."

so if the suns can't hit from inside, or outside, or run, they're going to have a tough time? interesting... btw, is there even a 4th way to score? i'm assuming if amare's 'bottled up' inside, that means he doesn't get to the FT line either...

I think this article was written by Terry Brown :)

however, you gotta like this:
"Amare killed us from the beginning of the game to the end," said Sixers guard Allen Iverson about his former Olympic teammate.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I'm reading that correctly the author is telling us that if the outside shots are going, the running game isn't working, and Amare Stoudemire isn't scoring inside than the Phoenix Suns will struggle. I think I can live with that. Besides I'm not even sure if that is true. The Suns can go to Richardson in the low post, JJ's in between game, Shawn Marion's slashing, etc.

Joe Mama