Official NL Wildcard watch. 2023

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
These last 2 lopsided losses to the Mets basically sunk our playoff hopes. We had our best 2 starters on the mound and got blown away in both. Even one win would have helped. Look at our schedule and the other team's schedule. It was a great start, then a huge lull, then a little hope, and now we are doomed. Most of us predicted our record to be about what it will be. It's just the way we did it. Who owns Rocket Mortgage?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This makes it even harder to swallow. Look at the last 10 games. It is there for the taking for any team that can get hot.

Attachments

• wc.jpg
    wc.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How many games are left?

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Probably won't be getting any closer to WC3 after tonight. Pfffftttt and his 6+ ERA is on the mound for the Dbacks against a guy with a 16-3 record and 2.49 ERA. I think the air may go out of the Pfffftttt balloon. Really had hopes for a playoff appearance this year, but with 4 teams chasing the last wild card and good ol' Torey at the helm - it is not looking good with 2 weeks to go in the season.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buster Olney predicts us to get the last wildcard spot.

I hope you’re right Olney, I hope you’re right

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Crazy that the 3 teams that I follow, that never conflict each other are all figuring for a single playoff spot