Official Predict the 2006 Cardinals Record

How many wins will the Cardinals have this season?

• Total voters

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Post your prediction for the Cardinals record here.

Last edited:

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I think anything less than 8 - 8 will be a disappointing season. 8 - 8 is my prediction.

RobbleRobble

Hope springs eternal
Reaction score
I predicted 8-8.

It's a pretty shaky prediction though. I figure plus or minus about two games. It's not hard to envision a 10-6 scenario where we're all (virtually) slapping high-fives. It's also not hard to imagine a "same old cardinals" post appearing sometime in september.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ten wins would make me an optimist. Eight wins would make me a pesimist. Nine wins makes me a realist.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
Who picked only 1 win?

I did.

Nothing I've ever predicted about the Cardinals has happened. Well except for predicting the next play they were going to run when Stallings was coach.

And usually the exact opposite of what I predict occurs so this year I'm going with "the Power of Negative Thinking" to see if that works.

:stick:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I did.

Nothing I've ever predicted about the Cardinals has happened. Well except for predicting the next play they were going to run when Stallings was coach.

And usually the exact opposite of what I predict occurs so this year I'm going with "the Power of Negative Thinking" to see if that works.

:stick:

Uh, the big problem with that is that now that you have predicted 1 win, they will probably not win at all. The Cards have a way of shorting everyone's expectations year in and year out. Way to jinx the season already!!!

BTW - I predicted 8-8....

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Uh, the big problem with that is that now that you have predicted 1 win, they will probably not win at all. The Cards have a way of shorting everyone's expectations year in and year out. Way to jinx the season already!!!

BTW - I predicted 8-8....

Of course I predict that it won't work and the Cards will lose 'em all.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2004 Prediction - Nails 6 - 10
2005 Prediction - 1 off 5 -11
2006 Prediction -???? - 10 - 6 - Playoffs baby!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7-9. Anything less than this and DG gets the boot IMO.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
7-9. Anything less than this and DG gets the boot IMO.

I sort of agree but the only way DG will save his job with that record is if they lost a bunch of really close games.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I sort of agree but the only way DG will save his job with that record is if they lost a bunch of really close games.

That is worse in my opinion. In close games, is where the coaches need to shine. Why are we losing close games?? A butt load of penalties again?? Going for it on opening drives?? Falling asleep to start halves??

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
9-7

One of those times I think the "experts" have this team pegged right. Between 9-7 and 8-8, I'll be the optimist and say 9-7. Not sure about the playoffs. Should be fun season, though. No running game, lots of passing/scoring. Defense good enough to keep them in it, not good enough to carry them ala Chicago.

Also, I think Leinart will play.