Offseason makeover for the SUNS 2.0

sunsGM

Reaction score
Amnesty Childress

Sign Eric Gordon

Draft Tyler Zeller

Trade Warrick and/or Childress to any team willing to take him for future 2nd rd pick(basically trade him just to get him off the books). If unable to trade Childress, then he would be amnestied (as noted above)

Sign Ersan Ilyasova

Sign Jamal Crawford for MLE

Sign Gerald Wallace

Fill out end of bench with vet min players.

AT PG: Suns could go in many different routes.

Gortat(7 mil)/Frye(6)/Zeller(1.6)
Ilyasova(7)/Morris(2 mil)
Wallace(7 mil)/Dudley(4.2)
Gordon(14 mil)/Crawford(4)
????Felton or Nash or Brooks or Marshall or Dragic or Lou Williams????/Telfair(1.5)

***Nash may stay in Phoenix if they were able to get the above team in the offseason.***

Other PG options include....
Keeping aaron brooks when he comes back from china
Draft Kendall Marshall instead of Tyler Zeller
Sign Dragic
Signing Raymond Felton
Sign Lou Williams when he opts out.

Also of note...I think gordon wants out of NO and he can simply let them know he will play like crap if they match another teams offer.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
does anyone honestly think dragic will come back....after the way we kicked him to the curb. seriously?

/our owner is an ass, and the rest of the nba knows it.
//Gordon is an RFA, so the Hornets can match, and they will because they traded their franchise for him.
///Wallace WILL resign with the Nets.
////Your offseason is garbage
/////why make a new thread?
//////yeah, slashies.
///////you can delete the whole thing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone honestly think dragic will come back....after the way we kicked him to the curb. seriously?

I wouldn't want him back. As far as I'm concerned he rolled over and played dead because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Nash. I don't want a player that would bail on his team. Obviously, that's conjecture on my part but none of the other scenarios that have been floated around here hold water IMO (injury, exhaustion, change in makeup of 2nd team etc.).

Steve

asudevil83

Reaction score
I wouldn't want him back. As far as I'm concerned he rolled over and played dead because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Nash. I don't want a player that would bail on his team. Obviously, that's conjecture on my part but none of the other scenarios that have been floated around here hold water IMO (injury, exhaustion, change in makeup of 2nd team etc.).

Steve

valid point. he can also view it as the suns giving up on him. him being benched. then being traded along with a first rounder for another guy who didnt really care, and spent the entire season in china.

so from both sides, it seems like an unlikely reunion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not wanting Dragic for reasons noted. He had his chance to blossom in Phoenix. Also I think Houston's system may make PGs look better than they are.

OP
OP
S

sunsGM

Reaction score
/Telfair(1.5)

I think Nash may stay in Phoenix if they were able to get the above team in the offseason.

Signing Raymond Felton

Also of note...I think gordon wants out of NO and he can simply let them know he will play like crap if they match another teams offer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
/Telfair(1.5)

I think Nash may stay in Phoenix if they were able to get the above team in the offseason.

Signing Raymond Felton

I like your thought process in regards to players. Maybe you should be the Suns GM. :)

Ilyasova or Humphries have been on my list to sign for a long time. If the Suns could put such a team on the court they would indeed be a playoff team with potential. The Suns may want to look strongly at drafting a PG unless there is a dynamic player there at #13.

Worries for me include the Suns signing Nash to a large contract and it's hard to see the Suns eating the contract of Childress or even Warrick.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Gortat
Humphries
Ilyasova
SG
PG

Rebounds galore + toughness and now just need a go-to scorer at SG and a PG(Nash?)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I will tell you what I believe will happen, which is everything the Suns are telling you is going to happen:

#1 Resign Nash for the Max for 3 years
#2 Sign Jamal Crawford for 3 years
#3. Resign Shannon Brown for MLE

Amnesty Childress to pay for Crawford and the first round pick.

That is it.

Draft a limited player at #13. Not likely to be a shooter since we will have Crawford, Brown, and Dudley.

Your roster next year

Nash / Telfair
Crawford / Dudley
Brown / Morris
Frye / Draft Pick / Warrick
Gortat / Minimum Center - Maybe Lopez

That is your top 10 and another 9th seed. This is the reality of this management team. They are selling poop sandwhiches and their audience is chanting "We want more" in the final game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gortat
Humphries
Ilyasova
SG
PG

Rebounds galore + toughness and now just need a go-to scorer at SG and a PG(Nash?)

I think Ilyasova is more of a PF. He can certainly shoot and rebound. IMO, the perfect young PF for the Suns. I do like the rebounding in your proposed lineup but I doubt if the Suns can afford both Humphies and Ilyasova, much less play them together. Ilyasova would be my primary target in free agency plus a drafting or obtaining a player that can create his own shot.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Now I will tell you what I believe will happen, which is everything the Suns are telling you is going to happen:

#1 Resign Nash for the Max for 3 years

Give me a break. Even if they re-sign Nash for three years -- which would be plenty stupid -- it obviously won't be for the max. The Suns have never maxed Nash out.

They are selling poop sandwhiches and their audience is chanting "We want more" in the final game.

I thought that attendance was way down? Which audience are you referring to?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break. Even if they re-sign Nash for three years -- which would be plenty stupid -- it obviously won't be for the max. The Suns have never maxed Nash out.

The last home game. The crowd was chanting "We want Nash"

Look I listen to the local sports station every game, I have listened to Lon Babby on his weekly show. This is what they are doing. If Nash will have them, they are keeping him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last home game. The crowd was chanting "We want Nash"

Look I listen to the local sports station every game, I have listened to Lon Babby on his weekly show. This is what they are doing. If Nash will have them, they are keeping him.

awesome!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Oh come on now Eric, you know exactly what he was saying. Of course the Suns are not going to give Nash $20M per year. It's a very effective hyperbole, and you know it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Oh come on now Eric, you know exactly what he was saying.

Actually no, I didn't think he was intending to exaggerate. Everything else in his post is rational -- by which I mean, things that could conceivably happen, even though most of us would agree that they are stupid ideas -- so I don't see why it should have been obvious that the three words "for the Max" were the only ones not to be taken literally.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns are not going to amnesty Josh Childress this year. That is just ridiculous, they won't amnesty a contract worth another 20M$ for nothing.

If they amnesty anyone this year it will be Warrick because he is expiring and it would cost only about 4 million. And would only be 2M capspace less.

Amnestying Childress or Frye will only be an option next year if the Suns do not spend a lot in FA this year and keep the flexibility for next. Then Warrick expires and the Suns would amnesty either Childress or Frye.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually no, I didn't think he was intending to exaggerate. Everything else in his post is rational -- by which I mean, things that could conceivably happen, even though most of us would agree that they are stupid ideas -- so I don't see why it should have been obvious that the three words "for the Max" were the only ones not to be taken literally.

You are correct that max is probably the wrong term. They have just said that they are willing to overpay for him and how they can offer him more money than anyone else.

I assume that is the max, but it could be for less.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not going to amnesty Josh Childress this year. That is just ridiculous, they won't amnesty a contract worth another 20M$ for nothing.

Again, this is just the local word. I don't believe the Suns are really disguising what they want to do.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That is your top 10 and another 9th seed. This is the reality of this management team. They are selling poop sandwhiches and their audience is chanting "We want more" in the final game.
:lol: Amazing isn't it?
The Suns front office and fanbase(majority of it) is so out of touch with just how pathetic this whole thing has become.

Is there anything that can save this franchise? How is it that a huge chunk of the fanbase(seemingly) still buys into this ongoing mess? :sad:

asudevil83

Reaction score
:lol: Amazing isn't it?
The Suns front office and fanbase(majority of it) is so out of touch with just how pathetic this whole thing has become.

Is there anything that can save this franchise? How is it that a huge chunk of the fanbase(seemingly) still buys into this ongoing mess? :sad:

the whole franchise is a crap sundae with a cherry on top (Nash).

i honestly hope nash leaves. nothing against the guy, i think hes a great guy and still has a few years of QUALITY play left in him. and that's the problem. he's keeping us mediocre. and as long as mediocre is acceptable, nobody upstairs really has to do anything.

as a mediocre team, you can feed the fans garbage that's just good enough. you can feed them the hope of being better next season. you can feed them the excitement of "fighting for a playoff spot." and there is really no expectations to live up to. if you dont make the playoffs "we'll be better next year" and if you do "then we surpassed our expectations, and have a lot to built upon towards next season with".

when nash leaves, then the franchise takes a dump. they'll have nothing to prop them up. fans will have nothing to look forward to. this team has nothing marketable in terms of star potential after nash. fans will stop showing up just like they did with the diamondbacks and coyotes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the whole franchise is a crap sundae with a cherry on top (Nash).

i honestly hope nash leaves. nothing against the guy, i think hes a great guy and still has a few years of QUALITY play left in him. and that's the problem. he's keeping us mediocre. and as long as mediocre is acceptable, nobody upstairs really has to do anything.

as a mediocre team, you can feed the fans garbage that's just good enough. you can feed them the hope of being better next season. you can feed them the excitement of "fighting for a playoff spot." and there is really no expectations to live up to. if you dont make the playoffs "we'll be better next year" and if you do "then we surpassed our expectations, and have a lot to built upon towards next season with".

when nash leaves, then the franchise takes a dump. they'll have nothing to prop them up. fans will have nothing to look forward to. this team has nothing marketable in terms of star potential after nash. fans will stop showing up just like they did with the diamondbacks and coyotes

The Suns have been in a supposed transition the last two seasons... actually not, they are just dog paddling. If the Suns had started rebuilding when Amare left, they might be near seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05