On the Clock

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok you're the Cards new GM the following are on the board. Who do you take and why?

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow ok this is the second time I started this thread and I can't edit it to put a poll in it awesome

Here we go

Kenny Phillips
Antoine Cason
Malcolm Jenkins
Mike Jenkins
Steve Slaton
Ray Rice
Derrick Harvey
Sam Baker
Chris Long
Mike Hart

I go with Kenny Phillips. I hope that we get a good CB in FA, and thus don't have to worry about having to depend on another young corner. I am still pissed we passed on Landry. We wouldn't have the secondary problems we do today if we drafted him.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Wow ok this is the second time I started this thread and I can't edit it to put a poll in it awesome

Here we go

Kenny Phillips
Antoine Cason
Malcolm Jenkins
Mike Jenkins
Steve Slaton
Ray Rice
Derrick Harvey
Sam Baker
Chris Long
Mike Hart

I go with Kenny Phillips. I hope that we get a good CB in FA, and thus don't have to worry about having to depend on another young corner. I am still pissed we passed on Landry. We wouldn't have the secondary problems we do today if we drafted him.

while I love Mike Hart's "heart" and ability, he doesnt really possess the needed speed, and Ray Rice has the same problem

gotta go with Slaton, although as a 3-4 end, Long is very tempting, especially because we'll be probably be replacing Smith, who is nothing special by any means

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Long or Harvey

Impact front seven guys are hard to pass up

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think I could pass on Long.
Cardfan unfortunately I missed the UConn Virginia game this year. I know Long is supposed to be awesome, have you seen him play yet? Just wondering what makes him so good.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Long without question - He has been a dominate force this season, has produced in every year he has started and shows the ability to get even better. Great against the pass or the run. Already knows what it takes to succeed in the NFL and how to succeed in the NFL with his father Howie Long giving him tips. He has been voted Virginia's team captian both years as well. I like what that says about the kid. He and Dockett opposite of each other in the 3-4 would a be killer duo. Our DL could be something special with Dockett, Watson, hopefully progression of Branch, with Long added to the mix.

The only other player I would think about on that list and this is just from others opinions becuase I havent paid any attention to him would be Malcom Jenkins.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to the BPA approach everyone seems to love? Or is BPA good only if we all agree the player chosen was our BPA too?

Ah, being a fan is a tough, tough job.

But. Back on thread, of the players listed, they are all very good. Some will make good pros. Some wont. I can't make a choice yet. Our season is still meaningful.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What happened to the BPA approach everyone seems to love? Or is BPA good only if we all agree the player chosen was our BPA too?

Ah, being a fan is a tough, tough job.

But. Back on thread, of the players listed, they are all very good. Some will make good pros. Some wont. I can't make a choice yet. Our season is still meaningful.

:D
:iwa:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Malcolm Jenkins is the best corner if he enters the draft. There's not really much of a question about that. If we're drafting in the teens, and he's there,highly unlikely,he'd HAVE to be the pick.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
3 guys on that list could very well be available in round 2- Slaton, Cason,and Hart. Btw, i would stay away from Hart at all costs. Lllloyd Carr has run him into the ground and he can't stay healthy for a college season.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cason may be the best corner in the draft, but he's not the best player on that list, IMO.

Go Long.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long
Cason
Rice/Slaton

If you draft in the top 10, you draft BPA.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardfan unfortunately I missed the UConn Virginia game this year. I know Long is supposed to be awesome, have you seen him play yet? Just wondering what makes him so good.
This guy is the whole package. He does everything well. He really plays like the son of a HOFer. His best attribute in IMO is his motor, just like his pops. The guy never gives up on the play. I have seen him chase down RBs who took it to the other side of the line plenty of times.. He is really cant-miss in my eyes.

I haven't seen Cason yet this year so I really cant speak on him, but the only guy guy who I could understand taking ahead of him is McFadden. I see Long going before we come up though, because if you look at the teams who are currently ahead of us in the draft you have Atlanta, St. Louis, Miami, Philly, SF, Jets, Raiders, Bengals, Minnesota, Dever and Chicago. The only teams there who I can see taking McFadden are Atlanta, Cincy and possibly Chicago.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh,

Since he didn't mention it.

McFadden
Long
Cason
Rice/Slaton

in that order.

Reaction score
Btw, i would stay away from Hart at all costs. Lllloyd Carr has run him into the ground and he can't stay healthy for a college season.
Hey, me and the Buckeye agree on something! ;)

Hart is a great character guy, who has performed beyond expectations in his college career. But his running style, and the amount of carries he has had, have caused him to take a lot of pounding the last 4 years. Plus he's not a speed guy.

Love him as a college RB, but Hart will not do very well in the NFL.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Good grief. Can we at least wait until we're more than a game out of first place before we start the draft nerd threads? We'll have months to kill after December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05