On the pregame radio show they said one more trade may be coming!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Listening to the Dback game on radio, shortly after 3:30, they talked about Mondesi, etc. Then one of the guys said he was told by management that the Mondesi move is not necessarily the last before tomorrows deadline. That they were currently working the phones. No comment on what they were looking for. I was wondering if maybe we were going to bring a hitting catcher on board. I mean we have all the outfield spots, unless they want to go younger than Finley. We have too many infielders. What could they be looking at?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they make another trade it could be for a catcher or firsr baseman. What I find interesting is it was reported tonight on Baseball Tonight that A-Rod might waive his no-trade clause.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
If they make another trade it could be for a catcher or firsr baseman. What I find interesting is it was reported tonight on Baseball Tonight that A-Rod might waive his no-trade clause.

That would be cool, but it would take a ton of our young talent and Texas to take on a ton of his salary for that to happen.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
How in the HECK would we ever absorb THAT contract!! We would have to deal Johnson or Schilling, or BOTH to work that since the Dbacks keep crying about not making money from their salaries now!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Of course if we went all youth, Spivey, Kata, Hillenbrand, Overbay, etc., and all our young pitchers, we wouldn't have THAT much salary if a lot of our old guys were gone. We would have Johnson, schilling, Gonzo, ARod with big contracts. Who else? Mondesi's contact is gone at the end of the season.

piratefan

Pittsburgh Native
Reaction score
I would speculate that they are hot after Richie Sexson. He earns $5.5 million this year and $8 million in 2004, his final year. He would most likely move out of Milwaukee anyway, and at 29, he has some productive years left. To compensate, we could send them Spivey, Bautista, Overbay, and Patterson. I don't think the Dback mgmt is sold on Shea at 1B. Since his move there, he's gone cold at the plate. probably a comfort thing.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Shea was worse defensively at third than at first.

Maybe A-Rod would restructure it out to about age 45, or something.

Pass me that pipe, guys... puff<< puff<<

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by piratefan
I would speculate that they are hot after Richie Sexson. He earns $5.5 million this year and $8 million in 2004, his final year. He would most likely move out of Milwaukee anyway, and at 29, he has some productive years left. To compensate, we could send them Spivey, Bautista, Overbay, and Patterson. I don't think the Dback mgmt is sold on Shea at 1B. Since his move there, he's gone cold at the plate. probably a comfort thing.

Word is here is Wisconsin that the d-backs have inquired about Sexson but the Brewers want Overbay and Spivey.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike Rogers
Word is here is Wisconsin that the d-backs have inquired about Sexson but the Brewers want Overbay and Spivey.

Okay, make the deal - I would even throw in Patterson & Bautusta. Sexson would provide not only the power hitter we need so much, but a decent glove at 1B as well.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Originally posted by IndyDback
Okay, make the deal - I would even throw in Patterson & Bautusta. Sexson would provide not only the power hitter we need so much, but a decent glove at 1B as well.
Although it would mean less playing time for either Kata or Counsell (two of my favorites), if we could get Sexson for the group mentioned, go for it!!!

outcent

Rookie
Reaction score
How about a dessens for drew deal? That would solve both teams needs. I'm sure drew could play a little first base. Just a thought. We could then bring good back up.

mark1

Veteran
Reaction score
I knew the D-Backs were done dealing. They got their head case who can't hit. Pathetic!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by mark1
I knew the D-Backs were done dealing. They got their head case who can't hit. Pathetic!

The D-backs (along with most baseball teams) are not done dealing yet. The trading deadline was for the non-waiver trades, now trades can still occur the players involved just have to clear waivers (and from the sound of things the majority of players will clear waivers)!

As to your comment on the trade ... you're right we shouldn't have made that trade with the way our offense has been beating the hell out of the ball lately. :roll:

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil Ash
The D-backs (along with most baseball teams) are not done dealing yet. The trading deadline was for the non-waiver trades, now trades can still occur the players involved just have to clear waivers (and from the sound of things the majority of players will clear waivers)!

As to your comment on the trade ... you're right we shouldn't have made that trade with the way our offense has been beating the hell out of the ball lately. :roll:

I don't think Mondesi will lead us to the promised land...but look at our RF: 3 homers...

Mondesi has 18.

That's enough for me.

Mike