Once Again The "Better" Team Loses To The Spurs

OP
OP
B

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Wow, an amazing thread. How many series have the Spurs now won without being the better team. Is it 12 straight series where they either lucked out or the officials won it for them. By the way, we beat the better and more talented Suns in 5 games. You can hate the Spurs all you want, but the bottom line is they just keep winning. Saying you (the Suns), or the Hornets, or the Mavs, or the Pistons, or Lakers are the better team after the Spurs dispatch them makes you look whiney and petty. You keep the moral victories, we'll take the championships.

I never said it was fair or even reality, but for me it's always the same thing. I see a team that on paper looks better than the Spurs. I also see a Spurs team which toward the end of the year did not look that good. I really thought the Spurs were done this year. I was wrong.

Parker, Ginobili and Duncan represent a great group of competitors. They work greatly with Popavich in that respect.

I also am reminded of the mid nineties Utah Jazz/Chicago Bulls series in which Stockton, Malone and Jeff Hornacek were (I thought) the better team. Did it matter? No. Because Chicago had a more competitive mindset and better defense. Sound familiar to San Antonio? It's the inevitable drive to beat what everyone talks about being the best team in the league. It happens to every great team. Right or wrong.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Lamar Odom is one of my favorite players in the league, but there is no way in hell he can guard Duncan.

4 Rings

Reaction score
Without a doubt, the Hornets are the second best playoff team the Spurs have seen since 1999. Detroit 2005 is the best team.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end it all came down to making shots. The Spurs players hit the open shots, and the Hornets players did not. I thought Byron Scott did just fine. His guys got wide-open shots regularly and just missed them. I don't see how that makes them the better team though. If they were the better team they would have made those shots. They were the better team last night.

I really

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
spurs were the better team,not NOH with horrible shot selections.
and lakers were better team,not the jazz.

so despite we hate it,it's the fact

cly2tw

Reaction score
spurs were the better team,not NOH with horrible shot selections.
and lakers were better team,not the jazz.

so despite we hate it,it's the fact

To paraphrase the former HC DA, we meant "better talented" roster. Spurs made much more use out of a less talented team to win the series vs. Suns (2x) and NO. That's credited to their coaching and experience. That's why the frustration with DA on many fans' part.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
To be honest, the Spurs are growing on me, Horry can rot in hell, but I am really starting to appreciate the swagger they carry around. Parker is actually becoming one of my favorite players in the NBA. I love Pop as a coach as well. Yeah they are boring but they remind me of big brother slapping down little more talented brother. I can identify with that.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
To paraphrase the former HC DA, we meant "better talented" roster. Spurs made much more use out of a less talented team to win the series vs. Suns (2x) and NO. That's credited to their coaching and experience. That's why the frustration with DA on many fans' part.

i agree their coach is good but i think we are underestimating their talent.
whatever uniform duncan-ginobili-parker trio wears,i think they ll be contenders regardless of the coach.

NOH does not have better roster than the spurs,if they did,why didnt they make the play off's last year?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, the Spurs are growing on me, Horry can rot in hell, but I am really starting to appreciate the swagger they carry around. Parker is actually becoming one of my favorite players in the NBA. I love Pop as a coach as well. Yeah they are boring but they remind me of big brother slapping down little more talented brother. I can identify with that.
You're going soft on us.....?
I can appreciate the brilliance of Pop's "methods" of getting wins regardless of how others feel about it.
Kind of like the pile of severed inoculated little arms in Apocalypse.
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't think i can stomach another title in S.A.
Horry with ANOTHER ring?! :barf:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i agree their coach is good but i think we are underestimating their talent.
whatever uniform duncan-ginobili-parker trio wears,i think they ll be contenders regardless of the coach.

NOH does not have better roster than the spurs,if they did,why didnt they make the play off's last year?
The Hornets had a lot of players injured for a long period of time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05