One of Amares best game as a Sun? (Wednesday Night)

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
"We've seen him score 40 points in a game before, and all that," Suns assistant coach Alvin Gentry said. "But I think that (game against the Spurs) was one of the best games he's ever played for us."
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/10/30/20081030spt-bickley.html

His teammates noticed his passing Wednesday and his willingness to let the game come to him.
"That more is tribute to Amaré's experience," Steve Nash said. "He made a couple plays that maybe he hasn't made in the past. It's impressive."
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/10/30/20081030spt-sunsnb.html

Did anyone notice this too? Not just Wednesday but last night too. He guarded West all night long and made him shoot 7-19.

On posting up, Porter said, "Amaré was someone I targeted as someone that needed post-ups. I've always believed that is a very important part of the game when you play half-court offense. If you have a low-post threat, it helps you tremendously from putting pressure on the defense and making them decide to double or maintain one-on-one coverage.

Will Porter start doing this more? I noticed Dragic going to Amare in the post early in the 3rd and he made some plays.

I'd also like to credit Diaw for his play through 2 games. He has played decent defense and been aggressive on both ends. I think Amare/Diaw/Hill have been our best performers with Shaq right there with them.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Amare played smart, but he was being guarded quite alot by Matt Bonner, a serious stiff. Amare should have taken mor ethan 11 shots with matt bonner on him. But I blame the suns perimeter shooters, not amare, for failing to create the spacing for amare to destroy bonner. Bonner was getting way to much help with the spurs packed in the paint.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Amare posting up is a scary proposition. From what I've seen, he usually turns the ball over or gets a foul called on him.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Amare posting up is a scary proposition. From what I've seen, he usually turns the ball over or gets a foul called on him.

In the pre-Nash period Amare was used almost exclusively inside. On We he was just as dangerous as an outside shooter. I think the outside shooters are only beginning to understand the difference between a good shot and a great shot. Amare is attracting enough attention they are getting some great shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05