Opinion on uniforms (ESPN.com)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This column is usually pretty interesting;

"The Cardinals, having finally unveiled their long-promised "revolutionary" uniforms, are now playing in the Arena League. Or at least that's how it looks, what with the lame-o pants piping, the silly contrast stitching around the collar and shoulders, and the truly hilarious rear-yolk logo (which better not become a leaguewide trend, or else fans across America might literally die laughing). Plus, it doesn't take too keen an eye to see that the design of the new red jersey bears more than a passing resemblance to the one worn by the Falcons. It does take a keen eye, however – such as the ones working overtime over at Chris Creamer's message board – to see that the back of the white jersey appears to owe a sizable aesthetic debt to the Bills' design. Revolutionary? Judge for yourself."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/050505&num=0

A-Bomb

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
clif said:
i had to send that guy an email. Nice research :rolleyes:

i guess he called Anquan Boldin for reseach purposes, but Anquan put him on hold

:D

:|

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Who cares what they think? I like 'em!

Who cares what you think?

:D :biglaugh:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i like the jersey also. even though they remind me of the louisville cardinals jersey. i will agree that they are not all that revoluntionary. the jersey are only revoluntionary for the cardinals organzation. it suppose to represent the change that is going on in cardinals land.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Who cares what you think?

:D :biglaugh:

The sporting goods website where she's going to order 11 jerseys between now and September???

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
abomb said:
This column is usually pretty interesting;

"The Cardinals, having finally unveiled their long-promised "revolutionary" uniforms, are now playing in the Arena League. Or at least that's how it looks, what with the lame-o pants piping, the silly contrast stitching around the collar and shoulders, and the truly hilarious rear-yolk logo (which better not become a leaguewide trend, or else fans across America might literally die laughing). Plus, it doesn't take too keen an eye to see that the design of the new red jersey bears more than a passing resemblance to the one worn by the Falcons. It does take a keen eye, however – such as the ones working overtime over at Chris Creamer's message board – to see that the back of the white jersey appears to owe a sizable aesthetic debt to the Bills' design. Revolutionary? Judge for yourself."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/050505&num=0

A-Bomb

Ugh, what a freaking moron.

1) The Jerseys ARE revolutionary because of the material they are made out of.

2) Would anyone been comparing them to the Falcons if the they wore any other color but red!? Or should the Cardinals just get rid of a color they have been wearing seemingly since the dawn of time?

3) Yeah, the back is a complete rip off of the Bills jersey. Anyone check the back of Titans jersey recently? :shrug:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, they weren't as good as I was hoping for but are still nice unis. This guy is just a D-bag.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
clif said:
i had to send that guy an email. Nice research :rolleyes:

I actually know that guy a little bit...I was planning on setting him straight as well. I agree with your assessment...!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
to be honest dont all new uni's look freaking weird at first?

Ours are better than they were.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
I actually know that guy a little bit...I was planning on setting him straight as well. I agree with your assessment...!

I sent him an email and he responded to me twice. basically he thinks the information the team gave about the materials in the uniform being top of the line was a lie since reebok makes he jerseys every team would be using the same materials. He also said he liked the classic look and thought the logo on the back idea was sad.

I told him if he had done some real reasearch he would have found out what the team meant by revolutionary and gave the team credit for at least doing something after all these years.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
clif said:
I sent him an email and he responded to me twice. basically he thinks the information the team gave about the materials in the uniform being top of the line was a lie since reebok makes he jerseys every team would be using the same materials.

That's really untrue. They're NOT using the same materials...in fact, even the tackle twill numbers are a completely new material (stretch material).

I'll be contacting Paul today...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
That's really untrue. They're NOT using the same materials...in fact, even the tackle twill numbers are a completely new material (stretch material).

I'll be contacting Paul today...

Hey when you do... tell him Clif says hello... :wave:

I even used a quote from the uniform presser, but he told me that was "hooey". Please set him straight!

Reaction score
That's a pretty lame article...
lame.gif

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
He doesn't like the logo on the back of the uni, eh? Well does he like the logo on the side of the leg of the Panthers unis? They even have them on their sleeves. Hmmmmm

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..and in this corner.."

like the new uniforms, but as other teams will start to do, we should have a 3rd "alternate" "for night games", of which we have one in particular ESPN against SF isn't it, in Mexico? I do like the idea of black numbering and lettering, maybe with that revolutionary material they are using that is shiney.
I think either jersy, the red or the white/with red shoulders especially, would look awesome with the added black!! Does anyone know how hard or if it's even legal to have a jersey altered? I'd still pick Anquan's #81 !!
Anquan will lead the Cards in receptions with 95+, 1300+yds, ? TD's.. :thumbup:
I think Fitzgerald breaks double figures TD's receiving/running, with 80+ catches
I think BJ starts the first 3 games, 10 receptions, 21 yds. Is replaced by the undrafted FA WR from Notre Dame? Carylyle? Tell us more about our new 3rd receiver please!! :cool: :notworthy :newcards: :cheers: :suns: :rockon:
C'mon Suns!! 12 more wins and you're Champeeeeens!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan