OT: Benson charged with DWI in 2nd arrest in a month

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
My oh my, cbus, Marriotti didn't kill Benson's career. Benson did. He can't run well, can't get along with teammates and can't keep from getting arrested in Texas, where home-grown football heroes are usually excused every transgression.

Let's see who and how many who(s) offer him a contract, shall we?
By no means do i think Marrioti killed his career. He's just pretty much a moron that seems to have a vendetta against any sports figure in the city of Chicago.You don't even have to read his articles,just look at his headlines. Benson was wrong but he's not in the category of many guys who have had multiple chances in the NFL like Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, Pittman,or Joey Porter to name a few. Those guys have killed someone or had domestice violence convictions/arrests against them. Someone will give him a chance. My prediction is Miami or New Orleans.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By no means do i think Marrioti killed his career. He's just pretty much a moron that seems to have a vendetta against any sports figure in the city of Chicago.You don't even have to read his articles,just look at his headlines. Benson was wrong but he's not in the category of many guys who have had multiple chances in the NFL like Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, Pittman,or Joey Porter to name a few. Those guys have killed someone or had domestice violence convictions/arrests against them. Someone will give him a chance. My prediction is Miami or New Orleans.
Agreed on all points.

Stats-wise, you have gotta keep in mind as well that he was effective the year they went to the SB and he has been playing behind a horrible line on an offense with no passing game as well.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumbest of the dumb sums up Jay Marrioti moreso than Benson. You should never use that clown as a reference point. Next thing you know'we'll have Skip Bayless references.

I don't see why I can't use anyone what I want as a reference, as you may also.
I have been a lifelong Chicago franchise follower. Historically, Chicago franchises have been low performing rip off teams. I.e. Blackhawks drought with the Wirtz family as caretakers. The White Sox and Bulls with Reinsdorf ruling the asylums. Even when Jordan ruled, J R and his lackeys tore that team apart 2 years too soon. The Bears have been run by the hapless McKaskey family for eons and have had a few successes in spite of themselves. Now the Cubs are a story unto themselves. First a chewing gum company owned them as a billboard for their product and futility. Then The Chicago Tribune, Mariotti's competition bought them. In spite of all of the decks stacked against them the Chicago fans have a sense of dumb loyalty. They want success, but continue to support money grubbing ownership everywhere they turn. Jay M. may piss those people off by rubbing their collective noses in it and denial is the name of the game for the fans. Rather than be pissed off at the management for futile franchises, they shoot the messenger. You might have a counter argument, but I have heard them all , but it usually boils down to hurt feelings by the guilty owners, management and their lackeys. The fans would rather blame Jay than their mismanaged teams.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't see why I can't use anyone what I want as a reference, as you may also.
I have been a lifelong Chicago franchise follower. Historically, Chicago franchises have been low performing rip off teams. I.e. Blackhawks drought with the Wirtz family as caretakers. The White Sox and Bulls with Reinsdorf ruling the asylums. Even when Jordan ruled, J R and his lackeys tore that team apart 2 years too soon. The Bears have been run by the hapless McKaskey family for eons and have had a few successes in spite of themselves. Now the Cubs are a story unto themselves. First a chewing gum company owned them as a billboard for their product and futility. Then The Chicago Tribune, Mariotti's competition bought them. In spite of all of the decks stacked against them the Chicago fans have a sense of dumb loyalty. They want success, but continue to support money grubbing ownership everywhere they turn. Jay M. may piss those people off by rubbing their collective noses in it and denial is the name of the game for the fans. Rather than be pissed off at the management for futile franchises, they shoot the messenger. You might have a counter argument, but I have heard them all , but it usually boils down to hurt feelings by the guilty owners, management and their lackeys. The fans would rather blame Jay than their mismanaged teams.

You're not Jay's brother are you :D?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser