OT: Bradford officially named the starter in St Louis

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No brainer. Bradford is ready,and he's already gained the confidence of the entire team....as well as the coaching staff.

2nd year QB Keith Null has been released.
RAMS will go with 10 yr vet AJ Feeley at #2 and undrafted rookie FA Thaddeus Lewis from Duke at #3. Lewis had a strong enough pre-season to beat out Null,who also played well,but Lewis showed that added dimension of escapability and athleticism in the pocket that Null lacks.

IMO Keith Null will land somewhere....he's got good size,decent skills, and showed some toughness late last season when he was thrown into the fire of a 1-12 football team.;)

It didn't take long for rookie quarterback Sam Bradford to assume the throne in St. Louis.
Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Saturday that Bradford, the No. 1 overall draft pick in the April draft, will be the starter in the Sept. 12 season opener against the Arizona Cardinals at home.

Bradford moved to first string when veteran A.J. Feeley, who had been the starter through training camp, sprained the thumb on his throwing hand during a preseason game against the Cleveland Browns on Aug. 21.
Spagnuolo said he anticipated that Feeley would return to practice Monday, but the coach wasn't sure if the quarterback was ready to take direct snaps.

In his two starts during the preseason, Bradford was 21-of-28 passing for 257 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...adford-openingday-starter?module=HP_headlines

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the real deal, Holyfield. But DRC will pick him in week 1. Maybe twice.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Bradford has certainly looked like the real deal so far. It's the accuracy that he possesses that makes it seem he will have a chance to succeed.

It's true the Rams are weak at WR but their offense is starting to resemble what the Eagles have often had, depending more on spreading the ball around, especially to the TE's and RB's and not really having a dominant WR. Amendola, if he can stay healthy, will be a solid slot guy and Gilyard, Robinson and Gibson might be enough to get by at WR.

They are still rumored to be interested in Vincent Jackson too.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Bradford is the man, the problem is that he doesn't have a very good receiving corps to throw too, especially with the injury to Avery. Also gonna be a big test for his OL to keep him from getting killed.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We better hope we can get to him and get to him early. QBs with the skills that Bradford has shown seem to have the ability to carve up our defense in the past.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
dan williams will sit on him, they once hurt a young qb of ours with promise. lets turn him into leinart hah

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're going to test him right off the bat. We've been holding stuff back, and Bradford ain't seen none of this before.

He'll probably be fine, that's how it generally works out. But I do believe there is a shot we rattle him hard.

So here's to 'ruining a qb by sticking him in too early' hex. Bradford never faced anyone like DD or CC in sooner land. Rock 'em hard and give the rook a lesson.

It's not going to be easy when your top two WR's are out and the rest would of been hard pressed to even beat out Onrea Jones, who didn't even make our team.

Steven Jackson while a stud, can't carry that team all the time, and it seems like that's giving him more injuries, and probably shortening his career. The year he isn't a viable 1500 yard option, they're going drop off far. That is what is scary with the Rams. They were probably worse than Lions bad, but had Steven Jackson, thus no 0 win seasons. As bad as they have been, they've at least had him. I hope picking him up in two of my fantasy leagues isn't a mistake. (but at the time he WAS the best on the board)

If Bradford gets injured or fails, this team could have a hard time scoring 150 points.

Start licking those chops guys and be prepared to dominate them. We SHOULD. Can't wait to see if we do. This is akin to batting against a pitcher with a 10.00 ERA. You know you are going to hit it hard.

Most importantly, no letdowns.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take this game lightly and we start 0-1. Personally I believe it will be a struggle.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take this game lightly and we start 0-1. Personally I believe it will be a struggle.

I agree, I see a lot of lulling the D to sleep with Jackson pounding the rock and throwing quick hits, then a couple of shots downfield that we had better be ready for late in the game. If we don't put them away early we will be in for a long day. We can't allow 4+ yards a carry and let them dink and duck keeping our D on the field all day.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. The Cards have to really game plan for this one.

Sam Bradford scares the crap outta me. I think he will haunt us. He releases the ball so fast and can pass amazingly on the roll-out. Potentially could give our D fits.

NFL.com of Rams vs. Pats

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take any game lightly and we can lose. But we should THROTTLE them.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and let them dink and duck keeping our D on the field all day.

it seems odd that hardly anyone thought the Cards could win with that strategy. I wonder if the Rams can

:)