OT: Brian Banks Story

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7986979/redemption-brian-banks

Guy has seen his life ruined by a wrongful rape conviction, and the supposed victim tracked him down because she wanted to get back together...

I cant even imagine. Its great to hear how many NFL teams are interested in this kid, hopefully he lands somewhere.

As for the girl, the DA who put Banks behind bars had better go all out to convict this chick. Fraud, perjury, false statements to the police... How can someone do that to another person. Destroy their life and reputation for a quick payday, and then be so oblivious to the damage caused.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad that he was talked into a plea. Happens all too often.

If you didn't do it - never give in and say you did.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad that he was talked into a plea. Happens all too often.

If you didn't do it - never give in and say you did.

Sadly if he had fought the charges and lost the case he might still be in prison and would not have gotten the opportunity to dupe her into admitting he didnt do anything.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was reading this earlier. It's such a ****ed up story for the kid. I love his attitude about it now though. I hope he gets picked up by somebody. Sounds like he has all sorts of talent

The Dbacks offered him a job in their front office.
yeah, very cool gesture. Good to see him get a break after being screwed out of 10 years of his life

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, talk about having to grow up fast.

"The way Banks has handled himself, without bitterness or bile, with grace and guts, makes you wish he were running the U.S. Senate."

Indeed.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
chick should be shipped to the middle east and executed imo