OT: Broncos fire Hackett

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Hopefully they have some artificial enthusiasm to get a win over the next two weeks!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Our next Head Coach or OC is finally available.

Seriously though..... Denver may be the only place even less appealing than AZ for Sean Payton. What an albatross of a QB Russ has become for that organization and if Payton wants Fangio as his DC..... that place is off the market I would bet.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I, in all seriousness, thought he should have been fired after week 1.

That "kill the clock so we can try a 65 yard field goal, while trailing", was the stupidest decision I have ever seen.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just realized that Hackett’s final win was versus, you guessed it, us. This means he loses his job while our terrible coach continues on. Stupefying.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I, in all seriousness, thought he should have been fired after week 1.

That "kill the clock so we can try a 65 yard field goal, while trailing", was the stupidest decision I have ever seen.
Close.. Pete Carroll not running Marshawn into the end zone in SuperBowl XLIX on 2nd and goal from the 1 was the stupidest decision

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Close.. Pete Carroll not running Marshawn into the end zone in SuperBowl XLIX on 2nd and goal from the 1 was the stupidest decision

That too, was a horrendous play call, but I will take Russell Wilson, in his prime, trying a pass at the goal line, any day over "burning the clock despite having all our time outs so we can try a 65 yard field goal, at sea level, while losing".

I know the steaks were higher but that field goal call was one that had virtually zero chance of success. At least that stupid goal line pass could have worked... they were never going to make that field goal.

It set the tone for their entire season. "We are gutless and idiotic".

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Broncos owner Greg Penner: New head coach will report to me, not George Paton

Broncos owner Greg Penner is making clear that he’s calling the shots on the team’s next head coach.

Although Penner expressed confidence in General Manager George Paton and said Paton will be heavily involved, Penner said that overseeing the next head coach will fall to the owner in Denver going forward.

“The new coach will report to me, which is a more typical structure in the NFL. Obviously, the relationship between the general manager and head coach is a critical one, and George is going to be intimately involved in this process of looking for a new head coach and we’ll make sure there’s a good fit there,” Penner said.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98