OT: Did anyone see that brawl in the Miami vs. FIU?

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
That was downright ugly! First of all, why is Miami playing a team like FL Int'l at this time of the year anyways? Miami is truly living up to it's reputation as Thug U.

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
I can't believe that someone would stike a player in the back of the head with there helmet...It's sick!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
#24 for FIU really got this one going, he was pushing through the line and then came back and kicked the holder for miami in the head

reddick & merriweather should have their seasons ended & scholarships revoked for Miami - #24 and the guy who initially tackled and punched the holder for FIU should get like treatment

the announcers for miami in the following clip should both be fired

coker should be fired for taking this program 100 steps back - twice the antics, half the winning - yeah!

FIU should be a week 1 game and FSU should be a game this week - not sure off hand if the canes play FAU this year, i know that they have done it in the past as a favor to schnellenberger, played it in the OB, used it as an FAU home game so they can get attendance #s and stay d1

although butch davis definitely had flaws, he had the program on the right track - coker has watched it regress so much that miami feels the need to respond and feel good about bullying FIU - guess that is what they felt they needed to do to answer all the questions about if they lost their swagger

you show swagger by beating your biggest rival at home, by going on the road to louisville and setting the tone, by picking off recruits and getting first dibs in florida - not by engaging in a brawl with a nothing program like FIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
also the reports from people at the game are that things got out of hand very quickly in the stands as well, which isn't suprising given how stupid people act at games - a mix of mob mentality and the asinine notion that the actions of millionaires and student athletes actually have anything to do with the quality of person the fan is

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Who was the moron commentator saying he wanted to go join in on the brawl... They should be condeming the actions of the players who acted like they were outside a night club instead of representing their University...

Number 19 on Miami was stomping people left and right when they were on the ground... My guess he will be one of the more severly punished...

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
So, as I listen and watch the clip, I thought the brawl was shocking enough.....

THEN...that idiot commentator chimed in, and he was ....I dont even have the words to describe it, I hate the U as it is and this didnt help their case.

Despicable!! Truly...

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
I was under the impression that humans had evolved and became a more intelligent species. Guess not.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
According to some of the youtube comments the announcer was Lamar Thomas. I googled him and he is a Miami alumnus that also played WR for the Dophins. What a moron.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
At least Miami found a team they could beat up on. They used to try and fight with the Florida State's and Notre Dame's of the world. Now they're picking on FIU. They tried to start something at Louisville but got the butts kicked. Next thing you know they'll be going after Stetson. Larry Coker has that program going in the right direction :shock: .

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Number 19 on Miami was stomping people left and right when they were on the ground... My guess he will be one of the more severly punished...

That would be one of my favorite DB prospects Brandon Meriweather who I think is the next Ed Reed. He also made noise the beginning of the season invloving guns and stuff.:bang:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That would be one of my favorite DB prospects Brandon Meriweather who I think is the next Ed Reed. He also made noise the beginning of the season invloving guns and stuff.:bang:

I'm surprised the Cryami players didn't just pull out the 9MM's that they always seem to be packing with them.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
keep in mind that FIU really triggered the whole thing - miami was just stupid enough to get baited in and retaliate/escalate everything

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Be sure to check out the Youtube replay showing George Teague stripping the ball from the big mouth Lamar Thomas during his days with the Hurricanes. That big mouth turd needs to be fired.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
exactly - #24 was mixing it up with one of the offensive lineman - then #26 bodyslammed the holder - #24 charged back into the play and kicked him in the head when he was down

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05