OT ESPN and the latest Favre/Vikings controversies

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 2 now.

1) Childress says the NFL notified him Shiancoe's TD catch should NOT have been overruled on replay, it wasn't conclusive.

2) The Vikings are claiming the Packers jumbotron operator played favorites. The TD by the Pack TE in the first half was not replayed on jumbotron for the coaches to watch. GB raced their XP team on the field and kicked it before the Vikings had a chance to review it. The NFL notified Childress the TD would have been overturned on replay had he challenged.

Later in the game they showed the Shiancoe one on jumbotron "numerous times" and the Pack coaches watched and then challenged. So the Vikings are complaining the screen has to show replays for both teams or it's unfair. I agree.

Childress called out Favre for going outside the offense, and turning the ball over by just throwing it to the defense. Said he can't do that if we're going to win. ESPN says you can't call out Favre like that in public.

Favre apparently has small fractures in his ankle but is expected to play.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't the Vikings have people upstairs watching the replays? What a weak arguement. Cry me a river!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, I wish that geriatric pervert drama queen would just go away. Now this week it is , "will Favre consecutive starting streak end this week". Just never ends.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, I wish that geriatric pervert drama queen would just go away. Now this week it is , "will Favre consecutive starting streak end this week". Just never ends.

That's the part that I don't get, ESPN says childress shouldn't have admitted he considered pulling Favre last night. Why the hell not he made some huge mistakes.

Then Dilfer said that it should be up to Favre if he plays next week, not the coach, "Brad Childress should not be the guy to end the greatest streak in sports history."

WTF? the coach is the guy who makes decisions for the best of the team. It's like Cal Ripken having huge "slumps" virtually every year down the stretch because he never took a game off so he always got tired. Impressive game streak, but it hurt his team. If Favre isn't healthy and is hurting the team, playing him to preserve the streak makes no sense.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Here is the thing, the Vikings season is done. They aren't winning a Super Bowl and won't even get to the playoffs. Since it is done then I agree Favre should be able to play if he wants to. Childress hooked his wagon to this guy so he has to take the bad with the good.

Sightly off topic but did anyone see SNL's Favre Wrangler commercial? I don't watch SNL anymore (gave them a chance this season when Bryan Cranston and they failed miserably) but a friend sent me this link and I laughed pretty hard.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/187730/saturday-night-live-brett-favre-wrangler-commercial

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There are 2 now.

1) Childress says the NFL notified him Shiancoe's TD catch should NOT have been overruled on replay, it wasn't conclusive.

2) The Vikings are claiming the Packers jumbotron operator played favorites. The TD by the Pack TE in the first half was not replayed on jumbotron for the coaches to watch. GB raced their XP team on the field and kicked it before the Vikings had a chance to review it. The NFL notified Childress the TD would have been overturned on replay had he challenged.

Later in the game they showed the Shiancoe one on jumbotron "numerous times" and the Pack coaches watched and then challenged. So the Vikings are complaining the screen has to show replays for both teams or it's unfair. I agree.

Childress called out Favre for going outside the offense, and turning the ball over by just throwing it to the defense. Said he can't do that if we're going to win. ESPN says you can't call out Favre like that in public.

Favre apparently has small fractures in his ankle but is expected to play.

1) Russ the Vikes did get screwed!!! That was the exact catch in the Stl-TB game that changed the rule

2) With things heating up between Favre & Childress I say the streak ends this weeked & think it's a longshot he plays.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing, the Vikings season is done. They aren't winning a Super Bowl and won't even get to the playoffs. Since it is done then I agree Favre should be able to play if he wants to. Childress hooked his wagon to this guy so he has to take the bad with the good.

If you think the season is over why would you play a guy in bad health who figures to retire? Wouldn't you want to play Jackson to see if he's your guy going forward or not?

To me the only way you keep playing Favre is if he's healthy, you're still in contention, and he's playing well. The minute they think the season is over, Favre should not play.

IMHO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05