OT--Mendenhall Robbed at Gunpoint

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read on NFL.com that he tweaked a hamstring and was out of practice so he decided to fly home to Chicago for the weekend. Apparently two men in ski masks held him up with a pistol for his wallet, cell phone and pocket change.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read on NFL.com that he tweaked a hamstring and was out of practice so he decided to fly home to Chicago for the weekend. Apparently two men in ski masks held him up with a pistol for his wallet, cell phone and pocket change.

They should have waited until after he got his signing bonus.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The report says that he gave the men his car keys as well but they handed them right back. Maybe he is still pushing a pinto.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's south Chicago for you. Maybe when Rashard gets his money check he can get out of there.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's south Chicago for you. Maybe when Rashard gets his money check he can get out of there.
The article says it was along the lake on the South Side. Is the lake front bad down south as well. Sheesh, didn't think it was.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it already too late to trade Dockett to move up into the first round to try and snag him??

pogoowner

Reaction score
The article says it was along the lake on the South Side. Is the lake front bad down south as well. Sheesh, didn't think it was.
I wasn't under the impression that it was a bad area when I visited Chicago, but I'm really no expert.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli needs to watch his back or move. Chicago is a mess.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That's at least 3 athletes that have been robbed at gunpoint in Chicago. I know basketball players Eddy Curry and Antoine Walker were both robbed.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been all over Chi. I really don't know if the South side is that bad, I just hear and read things. Can't be all good.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been all over Chi. I really don't know if the South side is that bad, I just hear and read things. Can't be all good.
South Side can be pretty bad. North Side has its pretty bad pockets.

My hood has lots of Eastern European Grandmothers who watch out for everything.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard that you don't mess with the Eastern Euro immigrants. They don't call police. They handle it all themselves. Crazy-like.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Is this code for I live in RICHville?

Nope.

Trenton is like that. I lived in the "Polish-section" of Trenton. It was nice and quite. The cops never were around but the neighborhood watch was able to "keep the peace".

It wasn't a rich neighborhood, just a neighborhood the policed itself, so to speak.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
so glad we drafted DRC instead of this scrub. DRC would have had these guys on the ground before they knew what happened.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so glad we drafted DRC instead of this scrub. DRC would have had these guys on the ground before they knew what happened.
No way, he is so damn skinny he would have just dared them to try to actually shoot him. I can see him zig zagging down the road now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05