OT: Webber to return to the Warriors (WTH!)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"I'm afraid if we don't get him here [that] our team is not strong enough to be a playoff team," Nelson said. "That's my biggest fear. I think if he comes it can benefit our team, it can benefit his and my relationship, it can benefit players on this team. I think he has a chance to make some of our players better and make our team better. Really that's all that's important. I'll get along with anybody who can help our team."
Thats a great attitude for a head coach.

The Warriors believe Webber's passing and mid-range shooting can address some of their half-court struggles and give them a new offensive outlet when the game slows down or their 3-pointers aren't falling.
Smart move & a very low-risk one too.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hear the Suns might try to bring Horry and Cassell back in too.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be awesome if this were some sort of trick either by Webber or Nelson. Like Nelson is bringing him in to bench him? OR Webber wants to ruin the Warriors' season? I hope this is the case.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually that would have been the case had he signed with Orlando.;)

What the heck does Orlando have to do with Webbers career? I think your thinking of someone else.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
imho he started his career in GS as he never played a game for orlando. Full circle for me is going back to GS and Don Nelson who he didn't get along with back then, something is up with GS if they are honestly considering this move.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a great attitude for a head coach.

Smart move & a very low-risk one too.

Yep there's 2 issues one he wants Webber's passing skill because right now Baron is the only playmaker on the roster. And two, he wants to send a message to the rest of his bigs that you're not playing well enough I need better.

Webber is way past his prime and no way he can keep up with the Warriors tempo but if he lights a fire under Brandan Wright or O'Bryant it might work, if he doesn't, not much lost.

I just wonder what sort of shape he's in.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even as diminished as C-Webbs skills are, he is still better then some of the stiffs on rosters in the NBA right now. He is not going to be a savior but after watching him play a bit last year, he can contribute for some minutes here and there. It's a good pick up for them.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Webber to Orlando would be like sergio rodriguez retiring in phoenix.

Technically, its right, but is a stretch

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
imho he started his career in GS as he never played a game for Orlando.

Louis said:
He was drafted by Orlando and traded to GS for Penny and 3 future 1sts.
It sounds like you are both correct.

I've always wondered about the semantics of that point. If a player is drafted by one team, then traded to another, was he ever part of the first team?

If a tree fell in the forest and there was no one around to see it . . . oh, never mind.

Speaking of that, the Suns need to add a 'tree' to its roster.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
tree rollins?
That's the image I had in mind. 7'1" - 235. Big enough to help our deficiencies. Light enough to get playing time.

I actually thought I remembered him weighing 250-260. Maybe later in his career.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
That's a shame. He had a very good career, but he would still be a pretty good player right now without those knee problems.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say..

THANK GOD!

One of my all time least favorite players. He was talented as hell, but he was a cry baby, and I won't miss him. He hasn't been very effective in the last 5 years anyway, it was time he hung it up.
i can say the same for kobe once he hangs it up.

c-webb in his early days, he was great. cwebb just had some bad luck with that microfracture, never really could explode. atleast cwebb never cried so hard about wanting to be traded so bad.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can say the same for kobe once he hangs it up.

c-webb in his early days, he was great. cwebb just had some bad luck with that microfracture, never really could explode. atleast cwebb never cried so hard about wanting to be. traded so bad.

Ha! Man, you all must look for Kobe under your beds at night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05