Pacers @ Suns 11-27-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home from their 1-3 four game toad trip to face the Pacers on Tuesday in Phoenix. It's the first game of a back-to-back as the Suns play the Clippers in LA on Wednesday.

The Pacers are facing the Jazz tonight after losing their previous two games.

The game will be televised on FSAZ. Game time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Here is a preview of the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook:
Phoenix concluded its four-game road trip with a 118-107 loss at Detroit. The Suns went 1-3 on their road trip with the win coming at Milwaukee, 116-114, as Jamal Crawford hit a jumper with 0.8 seconds left in the game. … Indiana went into Monday’s game at Utah 11-8 after losing consecutive games to Charlotte and San Antonio. Victor Oladipo (sore right knee), Domantas Sabonis (sprained right ankle) and Myles Turner (sore left ankle) were all listed as questionable for the game at Utah. … TJ Warren was ejected in the first half of Sunday’s loss after drawing a technical after being called for an offensive foul on a drive in transition. … Oladipo leads the Pacers in scoring (21.4), assists (4.7) and steals (1.6). … Devin Booker has scored 37 points in two of his last four games as he reached that number in Sunday’s loss at Detroit and last week’s five-point loss at Philadelphia.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...nix-suns-look-deliver-crunch-time/2112505002/

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Indiana just beat the Jazz by 33 in Utah tonight. Sabonis and Turner played. The Pacers play hard and have great shooters and distributors. Going to be a tough game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Indiana just beat the Jazz by 33 in Utah tonight. Sabonis and Turner played. The Pacers play hard and have great shooters and distributors. Going to be a tough game.
Never say never. Didn't Milwaukee beat Portland by 43 right before we played them?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Oladipo isn't back for this game then it's a winnable game for the Suns especially with them being the 2nd night of a back to back.

On a side note, Indiana has Evans, Collison, Joseph and Holliday. Sure would be nice to get any one of their 4 PGs on this team to provide an immediate upgrade over Canaan.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Oladipo isn't back for this game then it's a winnable game for the Suns especially with them being the 2nd night of a back to back.

On a side note, Indiana has Evans, Collison, Joseph and Holliday. Sure would be nice to get any one of their 4 PGs on this team to provide an immediate upgrade over Canaan.
I don't care for Evans, but one of the others would be great.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have drafted Aaron Holiday if they had stayed put at #16 in the draft.

So was Donte DiVincenzo who can play some point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker believes the Suns can compete with any team. Hopefully the pieces are starting to fit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have drafted Aaron Holiday if they had stayed put at #16 in the draft.

So was Donte DiVincenzo who can play some point guard.
I'd rather have Bridges for the long term.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker believes the Suns can compete with any team. Hopefully the pieces are starting to fit.

This team is improving and these guys really do seem to believe in their own progress. That is a good sign.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like Oladipo will indeed miss this one. I think the Ayton/Holmes match up vs Turner/Sabonis should be a fun one.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is improving and these guys really do seem to believe in their own progress. That is a good sign.

Also I think most Suns fans are starting to reflect this attitude. It's not so much wins and loses but how they play the game. Personally, I want to look forward to next season. Until recently the Suns did not have any direction.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope we are done seeing Isaiah Canaan in the rotation. Kokoskov needs to just play Okobo or Melton over him going forward because Canaan's play is a detriment to the team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The entire Utah team is shooting at a lower percentage overall.
Mitchell is struggling a bit during his this second season of his. Utah fans seem to think he has to develop more pg skills to be truly effective throughout his career. Last year, he was all the rage, better than Booker by almost every pundit. Now things are evening out a bit.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Confidence can do amazing things. Hopefully they can start to string some wins together and really get the confidence flowing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confidence can do amazing things. Hopefully they can start to string some wins together and really get the confidence flowing.

Agree. I think part of the confidence thing is knowing the rotation.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think what most of us were looking for was forward progress, even if it's a bit of the 'two steps forward one step back kind'. We've definitely seen that and hopefully they can keep building on it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw many of their fans on Jazz forum talking about how much the team misses Kokoskov.

I'm not sold either way on Koko but I find myself wondering if his real strength lies in the things that only assistant coaches get to do such as one on one work with the players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sold either way on Koko but I find myself wondering if his real strength lies in the things that only assistant coaches get to do such as one on one work with the players.

It could be Kokoskov needs to develop (as a rookie head coach) much like rookie players.

Perhaps many of us, myself included, were expecting too much of him early.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be Kokoskov needs to develop (as a rookie head coach) much like rookie players.

Perhaps many of us, myself included, were expecting too much of him early.

Yeah, I'd imagine there are some growing pains involved. I remain hopeful about him but, as I said, I really don't feel strongly about him either way.