Panther Fans....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Most of you guys have been polite and brought some fairly good (but overly bias) analysis on why you will win this Sundays game.

Most of this week I have been lamenting how we don't match up well and play terrible on the road and you guys have a good secondary and good coaching as reason why we will lose.

Well screw it...I'm throwing down the Gauntlet....

I'm going to buy into the fact that this is a new, more confident, Cardinal team coming off a bye week and feeling they can beat anyone after the Cowboy win. Haven't had a win like that since 1998 and I'm think the boys are juiced and more confident then ever.

The fact is the weather should be nice and our short passing game should carve you up.

Plus we are getting healthy and shuld have the leader of our team back who is going to be fired up. You guys are fat and happy after reading your press clippings this week and unaware of a Cards team that hasn't been getting hyped up because they were idle last week.

I'm thinking Timmy H and DCR step up big. And most of all I drink the Wisenhunt Kool Aid and think with a bye week to prepare they are going to come up with something nice.

Cards 31 Panthers 17

There I said it. And I wouldn't put money on it but now, slowly but surely, I am starting to believe.

:injerrymaguirevoice:

"WHOSE COMING WITH ME?"

Last edited:

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
aren't fans supposed to be biased? imo, my bias isn't any more than what i have seen from a lot of fans in here even though the panther fans have been a bit more confident that we will win than you guys have shown. i don't believe for one minute that many on either side believes that this will be a blow out on either side nor do many believe that it is a sure thing for either team.

it is going to be a battle...our strengths make a great matchup for your strengths and vice-versa.

if you guys can get out of bed (or church) early enough to watch it then you will likely have as much fun as we will. i'm really looking forward to a good game.

if i had to pick a score.....i'd say 24-20 with the panthers winning. i honestly think that we can keep your pass offense to around 200 yards with only 1 score. call it homerism but i think we are entirely capable of doing it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Most of you guys have been polite and brought some fairly good (but overly bias) analysis on why you will win this Sundays game.

Most of this week I have been lamenting how we don't match up well and play terrible on the road and you guys have a good secondary and good coaching as reason why we will lose.

Well screw it...I'm throwing down the Gauntlet....

I'm going to buy into the fact that this is a new, more confident, Cardinal team coming off a bye week and feeling they can beat anyone after the Cowboy win. Haven't had a win like that since 1998 and I'm think the boys are juiced and more confident then ever.

The fact is the weather should be nice and our short passing game should carve you up.

Plus we are getting healthy and shuld have the leader of our team back who is going to be fired up. You guys are fat and happy after reading your press clippings this week and unaware of a Cards team that hasn't been getting hyped up because they were idle last week.

I'm thinking Timmy H and DCR step up big. And most of all I drink the Wisenhunt Kool Aid and think with a bye week to prepare they are going to come up with something nice.

Cards 31 Panthers 17

There I said it. And I wouldn't put money on it but now, slowly but surely, I am starting to believe.

:injerrymaguirevoice:

"WHOSE COMING WITH ME?"

Whoa dude, pass whatever that is to the left hand side man!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aren't fans supposed to be biased? imo, my bias isn't any more than what i have seen from a lot of fans in here even though the panther fans have been a bit more confident that we will win than you guys have shown. i don't believe for one minute that many on either side believes that this will be a blow out on either side nor do many believe that it is a sure thing for either team.

it is going to be a battle...our strengths make a great matchup for your strengths and vice-versa.

if you guys can get out of bed (or church) early enough to watch it then you will likely have as much fun as we will. i'm really looking forward to a good game.

if i had to pick a score.....i'd say 24-20 with the panthers winning. i honestly think that we can keep your pass offense to around 200 yards with only 1 score. call it homerism but i think we are entirely capable of doing it.

Speaking for myself I think my lack of confidence has very little to do with Carolina's team. I think Fox is an excellent coach and I respect Carolina, but my lack of confidence is entirely because it's a road game and the Cards haven't played well on the road for a long time now.

If this game were in UOP stadium I think you'd see a lot more confident comments from Cards fans, we're a different team there. Hopefully we'll play a good road game finally.

Carolina has been weird for us in recent years, the game where Green decided Saturday night was a good time to make a QB change after giving McCown the starters reps all week he starts King Sunday. Hopefully we'll get nothing like that sunday.

Reaction score
Carolina has been weird for us in recent years, the game where Green decided Saturday night was a good time to make a QB change after giving McCown the starters reps all week he starts King Sunday. Hopefully we'll get nothing like that sunday.
:stick::stick::stick:Dude!

:wink2:

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
this might make you feel better about your chances.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/matchup?game_id=20081026029

write up done by darin gantt and kent somers. i don't know much about somers but if he is the AZ equivilant of darin gantt then he is a good one and incredibly respectable.

imo, it is a really accurate description of how our two teams matchup.

excerpt:
It won't get as much attention because it features teams from non-glamour divisions, but it's a pair of the NFC's top teams. The 5-2 Panthers are looking to run their home record (where they've never been particularly good) to 5-0 this season, while the 4-2 Cardinals are coming back from a bye week hoping to maintain their league win against (sounds odd, but true) suddenly hot St. Louis.
This game is a battle of two teams' strengths against each other. The Cardinals are first in the league in scoring and third in passing yards per game, while the Panthers are third in scoring defense and second in passing yards per game allowed.
Even if Arizona doesn't get injured wide receiver Anquan Boldin back, it's going to be quite a test for a Panthers secondary that has quietly carried the team this year. Taking that point a step further, the Cardinals have been extremely good in the red zone (64.3 percent touchdowns, sixth in the league) while the Panthers' defense is fifth, allowing just 35.7 percent touchdowns.
On the other side, the Cardinals' defense has gotten consistent pass rush, with 18 sacks, while the Panthers have allowed just one in their past four games of playing with patchwork lines.
The passers will be at the center of this one, as Jake Delhomme was the backup to Kurt Warner with the 1998 Amsterdam Admirals. The two bootstrap QBs have been among the NFL's best since then, and they remain close friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05