Patrick Peterson: Steve Wilks 'will be here next year'

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone else think that the NFL is dreading the optics of 4 (Jackson, Bowles, Joseph and Wilks) of the 7 black HCs that started the 2018 season will most likely be fired and there is talk of Marvin Lewis stepping down? I can't help to wonder if there is pressure from the league to not fire Wilks after one season? Am I crazy to think that?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anyone else think that the NFL is dreading the optics of 4 (Jackson, Bowles, Joseph and Wilks) of the 7 black HCs that started the 2018 season will most likely be fired and there is talk of Marvin Lewis stepping down? I can't help to wonder if there is pressure from the league to not fire Wilks after one season? Am I crazy to think that?

Why? A sucky coach deserves to be fired. Nobody is seeing any special "optics" unless they are looking for a reason to cry.... Screw those people

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

Yes. I could see this. The league is all about image and optics

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Players are doing there best to try and walk that line.

What are they supposed to say. Are they supposed to throw the coach under the bus in public? What if they do that and the Cards decide to bring back Wilks? Now you have a mess.

Don't read anything into this

Nothing. Just say nothing on the topic.

Good grief, Pat P. Why say anything at this point?

Exactly.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good grief, Pat P. Why say anything at this point?

I forgot what the original question was. But Wilks is a likeable guy and has positive attributes, so I'm sure Pat wanted to pay him tribute for that.

It's funny though when you listen to the interview, after Pat gushes about Wilks, they don't lay off and follow up by asking him why he thinks Wilks should be retained. He could have said 'Well I just spent 5 minutes telling you.' But instead he starts hemming and hawwing, tripping over himself to come up with something. It gets kind of awkward.

Talk about a slap in the face. I caught the beginning of Good Morming Football this morning and they had a segment with Adam Shefter going over the coaches likely to be fired. I thought okay, maybe we'll hear something here. Not a peep about the Cardinals. He spent 10 minutes going over the Jets with Bowles, the Dolphins, Denver. I guess the Cardinals aren't even relevant enough to be recognized as the suckiest team in the league.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Oh pullleeze, PP2. This is why you can't believe anything that a player says publicly.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When your Team/Company is this terrible, and Players/Employees lobby to keep a crappy Supervisor/Coach, I always figure it means the Person is soft, doesn't run a tight ship, and probably lets them do whatever the hell they want, with impunity.

Which makes for a pretty cushy work environment, but typically...Not a sustainable product.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
another news from la canfora
arizona offered the control of the organization to McCarthy
but he declined

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
another news from la canfora
arizona offered the control of the organization to McCarthy
but he declined
As I said before Suns will be in playoffs before Cardinals land McCarthy.