Pats completely shut down Chris Johnson

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And I should know because boy did he help stink up my ASFN fantasy league team LOL. If we have the slightest hope to beat the Patriots, it is going to be through the air and I hope we saw a glimpse today of a new recharged Kolb...running today was hard on the Hawks, it might be even more difficult against the Patriots.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pats on the road is a damn near impossible task. I'm gonna hold out a little bit of hope. But everyone of us have this chalked up as an L. If you are saying you don't then well you have the biggest glass of kool aid I've ever seen.

I'm not gonna get to up or down with this game or what happens in it. unless we steal a V. This is a tall order. But coming back home to Philly which is certainly winnable.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea. Its going to be a tough one. They have a lot of weapons:Lloyd, Gronk, welker, ridley, hernandez, and woodhead. They still have a young D so there will be opportunities.

At least the Cards are not going there in December thats all i can say haha.

They have to keep them out of the red zone, force a fumble or two, and the offense has to put up 25 points for them to have a chance.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we are coming home 1-1. And we should probably enjoy the hell out of being a game over .500, because it might be a LONG time before we see that again.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we are coming home 1-1. And we should probably enjoy the hell out of being a game over .500, because it might be a LONG time before we see that again.

We can beat Philly. Im just not gonna get overly upset or panic and call for firings like MANY on this board will based on what happens in an AM game in Foxboro....

My sincere hope is to come out of that game healthy. If there is some miracle of a victory then its just some of the best icing ever!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing we don't have a running game. Nothing for them to shut down !! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can beat Philly. Im just not gonna get overly upset or panic and call for firings like MANY on this board will based on what happens in an AM game in Foxboro....

My sincere hope is to come out of that game healthy. If there is some miracle of a victory then its just some of the best icing ever!

There should be no firing calls this year. We will either suck out loud, or somehow push through it all to a 8-8ish record.

the only way heads get on the table is if the team is lost, not the games.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pats are hands down the best team in the NFL this year. They should run away with the whole thing.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
It's gonna be a massacre, but we will rebound and beat Philly guaransheed

Either that or one of those games where we build a big lead than give it all away in the 4th quarter Cardinals style

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shane, I agree with your take on the game. Health is more important than winning, though I'd love to win, it's just not going to happen. And while NE is GREAT offensively, imo, they are only average on defense.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
There should be no firing calls this year. We will either suck out loud, or somehow push through it all to a 8-8ish record.

the only way heads get on the table is if the team is lost, not the games.

Maybe if QB's keep getting hammered and running game continues to SUCK... Grimm will FINALLY get fired...NOT ONE good OL since he has been here

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it is a little bit early to say that unless one thinks the Titans alone embody the measuring stick :)
That defense is vastly improved from last year and their offense which was already one of the best is much better too. It may be early, but the Pats should win it this year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pats game will not be pretty. Want us to win, but don't expect much. Pats are like a machine and will exploit our weakness in all areas.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
I have this chalked up as a loss, but it's not unthinkable for us to win. It is definitely possible, winning the ones you aren't supposed to will give us a great chance for the playoffs.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That defense is vastly improved from last year and their offense which was already one of the best is much better too. It may be early, but the Pats should win it this year.

Hasn't this been common thought ever since they won their last SB?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
New England will try to do the same to us as they did to Tennessee. They will load the box on run downs daring our QB to audible out to a passing play, and then blitz on most passing downs daring our QB to burn them deep.

So, our running game will have very little to do with this win UNLESS Kolb can exploit the stacked box and blitz packages the Pats will send. Honestly, there isn't one guy on the Pats team who can cover Fitz or Michael Floyd. Our size at WR could be a HUGE factor if Kolb can make the read and get rid of the ball. If our defense can hold the pats to under 24 points, we have a shot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
New England will try to do the same to us as they did to Tennessee. They will load the box on run downs daring our QB to audible out to a passing play, and then blitz on most passing downs daring our QB to burn them deep.

So, our running game will have very little to do with this win UNLESS Kolb can exploit the stacked box and blitz packages the Pats will send. Honestly, there isn't one guy on the Pats team who can cover Fitz or Michael Floyd. Our size at WR could be a HUGE factor if Kolb can make the read and get rid of the ball. If our defense can hold the pats to under 24 points, we have a shot.

Considering that Michael Floyd hasn't done anything positive in games that mattered and very little in games that didn't (no, one catch in a game against Denver's #3s doesn't count), I think it's more accurate to say right now that there may not be a starting cornerback in the NFL that Michael Floyd can beat. I was in favor of us drafting him, but he's looked like a complete scrub.

There's lots of time for him to come around and turn into a player, but he's sub-Jerome Simpson level right now. He's clearly the 4th best WR on the team.