Per Gambo Barron is number 1 on Cards draft board

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You know if all these teams are willing to give up draft picks to get this Barron guy maybe we should draft him?

I don't know though. I think one of the problems with our secondary last season was Rashod and Patrick talking SEC smack instead of paying attention to the offensive formation. It would get even worse with Barron in the mix.

For kicks the Cards should take, Criner in the 3rd and Omar Bolden in the 4th. Talk about fun 1on1 drills in TC.

:D

Last edited:

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know if all these teams are willing to give up draft picks to get this Barron guy maybe we should draft him?

I don't know though. I think one of the problems with our secondary last season was Rashod and Patrick talking SEC smack instead of paying attention to the offensive formation. It would get even worse with Barron in the mix.

For kicks the Cards should take, Criner in the 3rd and Omar Bolden in the 4th. Talk about fun 1on1 drills in TC.

:D
Good critical thinking. You know that bridge that your mother asked you if you would jump off of it if everyone else did? Time to jump.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cardinals' Hopes:

1. Floyd
2. Barron
3. DeCastro
4. Ingram

One of them will be the newest Arizona Cardinal tonight!

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Taking any player from Bama in the first round would automagically make the draft grade an F.

Seems like a lot of them only dominate in college because of their size and fade away in the NFL because they don't have the athleticism or intelligence required

Reaction score
From WalterFootball.com's latest mock:

No. 13 R.Reiff (A split second is going to make Kolb so much better, right?)
No. 80 J.Criner (Eh, ok)
No. 112 O.Bolden (We don't look very far, do we)
No. 151 M.Jackson
No. 177 R.Davis
No. 185 J.Looney
No. 221 E.Acho

I don't get the rest of it.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
From WalterFootball.com's latest mock:

No. 13 R.Reiff (A split second is going to make Kolb so much better, right?)
No. 80 J.Criner (Eh, ok)
No. 112 O.Bolden (We don't look very far, do we)

No. 151 M.Jackson
No. 177 R.Davis
No. 185 J.Looney
No. 221 E.Acho

I don't get the rest of it.

WalterFootball was just stealing my idea.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals' Hopes:

1. Floyd
2. Barron
3. DeCastro
4. Ingram

One of them will be the newest Arizona Cardinal tonight!

This is pretty much my exact list except swap Barron and DeCastro.

Mitch

Reaction score
This is pretty much my exact list except swap Barron and DeCastro.

Pretty much a moot point, Chris, because Barron will go in the top 10! And it would not surprise me if the Cardinals moved up to 7 or 8 to take Barron and give up next year's #1. He is THE perfect fit for them in this draft on defense.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much a moot point, Chris, because Barron will go in the top 10! And it would not surprise me if the Cardinals moved up to 7 or 8 to take Barron and give up next year's #1. He is THE perfect fit for them in this draft on defense.

Yeah you are slowly convincing me. I am a huge DeCastro slappy though. I just feel he is a once a decade G.

Mitch

Reaction score
Yeah you are slowly convincing me. I am a huge DeCastro slappy though. I just feel he is a once a decade G.

I am with you on DeCastro---we would be drafting him for his ability, but most of all for the winning mentality he brings to a football team---and as you know, Chris, that the win-win you want the most.

Same thing with Barron---he would become a real leader at what may be the most important position in Horton's defense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with you on DeCastro---we would be drafting him for his ability, but most of all for the winning mentality he brings to a football team---and as you know, Chris, that the win-win you want the most.

Same thing with Barron---he would become a real leader at what may be the most important position in Horton's defense.

And if it's not a position of need today it soon will be. The only thing with Barron is that he might be the one player coveted enough by teams below us that could let us grab someone like Mercilus and still pick whichever of the name OL guys that drops.

Steve

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rubber is hitting the road now. If this is a true report, he's the pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, gambo is full of poo? so surprising.

I'm not sure if you're joking around here and he may be full of it but I don't think this draft adds anything to his legacy. Barron was off the board and we drafted Floyd before OT which fits in with what he claimed.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're joking around here and he may be full of it but I don't think this draft adds anything to his legacy. Barron was off the board and we drafted Floyd before OT which fits in with what he claimed.

Steve

I thought Barron went after. w.e