Pete Bounces Well

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
According to 1060 AM, Pete Kendell has been contacted by 14 teams about a job...

In demand

Former Cardinals center Pete Kendall, cut by the team on Sunday, has drawn considerable interest from other teams and hopes to have a new home by the weekend.

"It's been refreshing to hear of the phone calls from other teams," Kendall said. "I don't see this process dragging out longer than the weekend. It will probably be done sooner."

Kendall declined to name the teams that are interested, out of deference to the players already on those clubs. Among the clubs believed to be interested are Detroit, Cleveland, the New York Jets and the New York Giants.

Kendall also declined comment on the circumstances of his departure from Arizona.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0805cardsnb0805.html

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
.....and showing a lot more class than that fat ego maniac that Sunday punched him, like the two faced coward he really seems to be.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
.....and showing a lot more class than that fat ego maniac that Sunday punched him, like the two faced coward he really seems to be.

If you're going to talk about class, you shouldn't sound like an ass.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:

Wow! That was hostile...did Mean Denny Green cut Tango??

Attachments

• Rebel.jpg
    Rebel.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 345

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:

Ya like Kendall is going to tell the whole NFL that he got cut becuase he was complaining about practices being to hard.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Ya like Kendall is going to tell the whole NFL that he got cut becuase he was complaining about practices being to hard.

Are you saying that would not look good on a resume of someone who is trying to sign a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal?

Pete has acted with class so far. I always liked Pete. I hope he doen't pull an Anus (sp?) Williams later...

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
The media liked Pete because he would talk to them. I don't know if he ever SAID anything, but media types have been pissing and moaning, trying to stir the pot ever since Pete got released.

Now we get this revelation this morning that Pete has been contacted by 14 teams ...this news comes from Pete, and his agent ...and of course, they're too cool to name these teams, because they're thinking of the other players on these teams.

Whatever.

I know this, WE sucked the whole time HE was here, and if HE truly was the leader of our offensive line, HE SHOULD be gone.

Good luck Pete, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
The media liked Pete because he would talk to them. I don't know if he ever SAID anything, but media types have been pissing and moaning, trying to stir the pot ever since Pete got released.

Now we get this revelation this morning that Pete has been contacted by 14 teams ...this news comes from Pete, and his agent ...and of course, they're too cool to name these teams, because they're thinking of the other players on these teams.

Whatever.

I know this, WE sucked the whole time HE was here, and if HE truly was the leader of our offensive line, HE SHOULD be gone.

Good luck Pete, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

For some reason I don't think you would say that if Green was singing his praises... oh wait he already did that. Pete was the one guy out there that looked like he was trying. He got pissed at the line when they weren't doing there job and always looked like a leader to me. Not to mention if you were to look at the tapes you'd see he was the best Olinemen out there.

I guess you would say the same thing about Q right? Since we didn't score as much as we should have. If Manning had been our qb last year we still wouldn't have been that great. If he were cut I guess you would say the same thing right?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I guess you would say the same thing about Q right? Since we didn't score as much as we should have. If Manning had been our qb last year we still wouldn't have been that great. If he were cut I guess you would say the same thing right?

Apples and Oranges bro.

Cutting an average, aging, injury prone, over priced, C compared to a lot younger WR with more potential is just plain silly.

Reaction score
If he did indeed go crying to the palyers association rep. about practices then I'm glad he's gone. We've only had one winning season since moving to AZ. Just because he was liked and looked like a leader doesn't mean he was a stand up guy. Maybe he looked like a leader because we had such poor leadership to begin with and nobody was taking responsibilty for their actions.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:

So you really think he should come out and name all 14 teams? You really think those teams all WANT it known that they're unhappy with their C or LG and are considering signing his replacement or competition?

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Russ-

No, I don't think 14 teams have contacted him.

I think that's baloney.

I think Pete and his agent are trying to stir the pot against Denny Green, using the media just like the media was used against Denny by disgruntled players in Minneapolis.

Denny's only been here a short time, and the media is already mad at him for limiting access to the team. Now, Denny let the "spokesman" for the underachieving, overpaid offensive line go.

BTW- Jurecki just said Pete told him 4 or 5 or 6 teams are REALLY interested in him, as a guard, not a center. Funny, last year he couldn't hang at guard HERE, so we moved him to center to prolong his career. Oh well, perhaps he'll be good for 8 games at guard? We'll see.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Apples and Oranges bro.

Cutting an average, aging, injury prone, over priced, C compared to a lot younger WR with more potential is just plain silly.

I don't think he was average, as many of those 14 teams would probably atest to if they could. I just get tired of there always being a spin on Green's moves. It seems like no matter what he does it won't be thought wrong. Sometimes I do get tired how many of the fans on here always believe in everything the Cardinals do.

I think it's silly to make many of the comments people are making about Kendall. Green mentioning he got to look at the tapes more of him recently is a lot of BS. If he had looked at the tapes he would have seen that Kendall was the best Olinemen out there. If he hadn't been looking at the tapes enough before now he's been way too lazy. He got pissed that Kendall probably complained about the practices. I don't think Kendall is the type to shy away from working out hard but he is a smart guy and probably thought that what they were doing might put them in Unnecessary danger of getting hurt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
Russ-

BTW- Jurecki just said Pete told him 4 or 5 or 6 teams are REALLY interested in him, as a guard, not a center. Funny, last year he couldn't hang at guard HERE, so we moved him to center to prolong his career. Oh well, perhaps he'll be good for 8 games at guard? We'll see.

Pete moved for 2 reasons, one, Grutt retired and we had no starting C, and two, he felt it would prolong his career. He's played 1 year at C, it's not like moving back to guard means he was a crappy C, teams are merely looking at him where they need him most. Woody was the best C in the AFC and moved to Guard, didn't mean he couldn't play C, they just felt the team was better with him at Guard and someone else at C.

If SF signs Kendall he'll be a Guard, because it's a weekness(Kyle Kosier is starting).

I don't understand why you're convinced Kendall and his agent are lying and Green is telling the truth? Look at the record, Green has gone against his statements a few times already.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Pete moved for 2 reasons, one, Grutt retired and we had no starting C, and two, he felt it would prolong his career. He's played 1 year at C, it's not like moving back to guard means he was a crappy C, teams are merely looking at him where they need him most. Woody was the best C in the AFC and moved to Guard, didn't mean he couldn't play C, they just felt the team was better with him at Guard and someone else at C.

If SF signs Kendall he'll be a Guard, because it's a weekness(Kyle Kosier is starting).

I don't understand why you're convinced Kendall and his agent are lying and Green is telling the truth? Look at the record, Green has gone against his statements a few times already.

That's a little misleading, Russ. Grut was released, and we'd signed Garcia to replace him. Kendall was moved only in an attempt to extend his career (or get him through 16 games for the first time as a Cardinal), and it's unclear whether or not that was initiated by the Cards or Kendall.

Woody was moved to G because there was an injury at the position. He gave up a Pro Bowl spot at C in order to help the team at a position of need, one that was apparently viewed as being more important than C.

I don't think that Kendall was anything special at either position. PFW didn't place him among the top 24 players in the league at Center, and he got numerous unsportsmanlike conduct penalities. It never looked like he was clearing massive holes in the middle when he was playing guard. It just never seemed like he meshed well with the rest of the offensive line, which may have been another contributing factor to his release.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
That's a little misleading, Russ. Grut was released, and we'd signed Garcia to replace him. Kendall was moved only in an attempt to extend his career (or get him through 16 games for the first time as a Cardinal), and it's unclear whether or not that was initiated by the Cards or Kendall.

Woody was moved to G because there was an injury at the position. He gave up a Pro Bowl spot at C in order to help the team at a position of need, one that was apparently viewed as being more important than C.

I don't think that Kendall was anything special at either position. PFW didn't place him among the top 24 players in the league at Center, and he got numerous unsportsmanlike conduct penalities. It never looked like he was clearing massive holes in the middle when he was playing guard. It just never seemed like he meshed well with the rest of the offensive line, which may have been another contributing factor to his release.

I hope that was the reason. I sure though he was better than the top 24 players at center. If he was our best player on the OL what does that say about our other starters? That would mean he was close to last place :confused: Don't really buy it though, they probably forgot about him and listed him as a guard.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I hope that was the reason. I sure though he was better than the top 24 players at center. If he was our best player on the OL what does that say about our other starters? That would mean he was close to last place :confused: Don't really buy it though, they probably forgot about him and listed him as a guard.

I can tell you that he wasn't listed among the top 30 guards in the league, either. Leonard Davis was listed at 10 (this is all coming from PFW's NFL Preview 2004), noting that he's an "underachiever." It was also a little prescient in noting "may end up at tackle in order to force him to take the next step." Interesting stuff.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Grutt was released because he didn't want to retire and the Cards felt he should. So I guess saying he retired was misleading.

The first article I found to confirm his release said right in the article, the Cardinals are considering moving veteran LG Pete Kendall to C to replace him. We were discussing that on this board for weeks before it happened.

My recollection is Garcia was signed to compete at C and G, but he got suspended(stimulant in a cold medicine or something) and the Cards bit the bullet and moved Kendall.

as for penalties, ever see Dobler play? As for positional ranking, how many Cards WERE rated in the top 24? On a losing team with little exposure, a Center isn't going to get a lot of notice.

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Russ-

Denny hasn't said ANYTHING about Pete Kendall since he said goodbye to him.

All this "news" is coming from Pete and his agent, and it's being spread by Pete's buddy's in the media.

Let's just say ...Pete's agent called 32 teams after Pete's release, and 14 returned the call. (14 teams were interested)

Then, 4 offered him a little more than the veteran minimum. (4 or 5 or 6 teams are REALLY interested)

But none of them want him to play the position he was playing for us.

Now, Pete and his agent aren't really lieing, but they sure are spinning it to try and make us look bad for letting him go.

My personal opinion is, Pete is gone because he was being grossly overpaid, we drafted two centers in the draft, and we've got guards better than him that won't even make this team. Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Bryant Johnson are getting Pete's paycheck. Simple as that.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I don't think he was average, as many of those 14 teams would probably atest to if they could. I just get tired of there always being a spin on Green's moves. It seems like no matter what he does it won't be thought wrong.

I am sorry but calling Kendall anything but Average is not looking at the facts or actually watching him play. Was he bad, no not by a long shot. Was he good or the pro bowler some on the board think he is, not by a long shot. He was and is average and is only going to get more average as his age and injuries catch up with him(not small injuries but big ones, stingers and reconstructed shoulder). We all overvalued Kendall just like we did the whole Big Red Lie. I would not mind cutting Clement or Spikes just as much as I dont mind cutting Kendall, heck cut all 3 isnt a problem IMO.(Big still has way to much potential and Shelton would cost to much to cut right now).

As for the so called 14 teams looking at him how many want him as a starter, and how many are looking at him as a 1 year stop gap, how many are looking at him as a good backup only? And why no visits sheduled as of yet. Why are teams waiting instead of getting him in camp before it is over. Minny contacted him and decided to go with another C the vary next day.

I thought Kendall was overrated when we signed him and I still think he is. We way overpaid what any other team was willing to give him. This isnt a "trying to put a spin on what green is doing type thing" for me it is a, "we cut an average aging injury prone player from an overhyped oline no big deal IMO type thing".

I think everyone is going around in circles on this Kendall thing, it is the same arguements and rebutals over and over again. No one is going to change anyones minds one way or the other.

We should just all agree to disagree, of which I agree to.

Man this offseason has been fun. :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

:thumbup:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I spent close to 10 years in professional sport, and in my experience, one of the first guys to get cut or traded when a new coach arrived was the CLUB HOUSE LAWYER. :D