Peter King's top five training camps

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
3. Cardinals (Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Ariz.): My upset pick. No one knows about this place because no one goes here. The long shadows of the San Francisco peaks frame the pine-tree-lined practice fields. It's usually 30 degrees cooler up here, at 7,000 feet, than it is in the Valley of the Sun. I once left Phoenix on a 98-degree morning and motored two hours north-through towns like Deadman's Wash and Horsethief Basin -- and it was 67 degrees. The Northern Arizona campus is a gorgeous sight to see when you arrive. The fields are pristinely kept, and the tableau of the red-and-white Cards against the green trees and blue sky makes you want to get out an easel and your third-grade paint set. Terrific access too. The players can't get away from you. On Emmitt Smith's first day of practice as a Cardinal two years ago, a fellow from Pensacola took a few steps beyond the ropes on the sideline to where Smith was stretching and shook his hand. There might only be a few hundred people at practice -- there'd be more if the Bidwillians could sustain anything but an empty stadium -- but that works to your advantage. Meet a Cardinal? Heck, you might take one to lunch.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/07/06/training.camps/index.html?cnn=yes

seesred

Reaction score
I love that place. Can't wait to go to camp. Sit out in the sun amungst the beautifull setting and watch our team as they prepare for an NFL season.

GBR

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
seesred said:
I love that place. Can't wait to go to camp. Sit out in the sun amungst the beautifull setting and watch our team as they prepare for an NFL season.

GBR

What are the dates and do you have to buy tickets.

seesred

Reaction score
Everything is free except for Gas, food and if you stay overnight a room. You can not get any closer to these guys . Bring the children.

GBR

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on Peter lets keep this our little secret. We like to have the place to ourselves.