PFF Cardinals Season Preview

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's PFF so take it for what it's worth.

Overall, they are positive with their analysis.

They focus on the trends from when Kyler returned as the basis for their predictions. For example, Paris Johnson Jr had a 50 overall grade the first half of the season, and then a 70 overall grade for the second half.

The record predictions are based on playing in a brutal division and level of play from the defense.

Record Prediction:
5-12
7-11

MVP:
Jalen Thompson
Kyler Murray

Breakout players:
Paris Johnson
Micheal Wilson

Best Rookies:
MHJ
Tip Riemen

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Great breatdown. Two analyst that actually know this team instead of the usual negative by people that have no clue

I liked the their two senior analysts' take more. Or it's if nothing else it's close to 100% aligned with my evaluation of the team.

Basicly #26 in power ranking, but a team with a lot of potential, so could/should be higher at the end of the season. Problem is the schedule and that we just haven't seen anything on the field yet.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Assuming our o-line can play as well as it did at the end of last year, our offense will be awesome!

It was excellent at the end of last year, but this years version has more talent in each offensive group!

We'll see how fast they start, but I really hope we come out guns blazing on Sunday. Stagger the BUF defense with a couple of early scores, and make J. Allen press a little to try to keep up with us!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Assuming our o-line can play as well as it did at the end of last year, our offense will be awesome!

It was excellent at the end of last year, but this years version has more talent in each offensive group!

We'll see how fast they start, but I really hope we come out guns blazing on Sunday. Stagger the BUF defense with a couple of early scores, and make J. Allen press a little to try to keep up with us!
It appears we plugged a gapping hole at LG but did we open one at RT?

Can Paris run block as well as Hump?

I’ll be focusing on the OL, DL run stopping and those young CBs.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It appears we plugged a gapping hole at LG but did we open one at RT?

Can Paris run block as well as Hump?

I’ll be focusing on the OL, DL run stopping and those young CBs.

I mean it's easily the biggest question mark on that side of the ball.

But this Evan Brown, he's probably at worst a wash vs. Wilkerson/Daley/Colon at LG, agree?

And I was a big fan of The Captain, but PJJ was seriously moving people last year in the run game. I'm confident that he will equate to an overall upgrade at LT. Certainly by mid-year.

What makes me kind of anxious is to see what we'll get out of the RT position though. J. Williams isn't as physically talented as is PJJ.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean it's easily the biggest question mark on that side of the ball.

But this Evan Brown, he's probably at worst a wash vs. Wilkerson/Daley/Colon at LG, agree?

And I was a big fan of The Captain, but PJJ was seriously moving people last year in the run game. I'm confident that he will equate to an overall upgrade at LT. Certainly by mid-year.

What makes me kind of anxious is to see what we'll get out of the RT position though. J. Williams isn't as physically talented as is PJJ.
That’s my hope that the fixes are done!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Adding Tip should help OLine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky