PFT Report: Cardinals "very close" to signing Reid as next HC.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Seriously everyone this is just freaking awesome!

@nfldraftscout: Sounding more and more like Andy Reid and Tom Heckert to Arizona with Ray Horton staying as DC. Hearing Pat Shurmur as OC potentially.

Um, wow. That would be AWESOME! Which means there's no chance of it happening. :p

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't think that MB had even interviewed Reid. He just interviewed Horton today. Maybe this is just media speculation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that MB had even interviewed Reid. He just interviewed Horton today. Maybe this is just media speculation.

I am pretty sure it went like this.

Andy, "Hey Mike, I would like to be your coach."

Mike, "Really?"

Andy, "Yup!!"

Mike, "What do you want?"

Andy, "$5 million a year, A GM I trust and chicken wings, lots of them."

Mike, "Deal"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it went like this.

Andy, "Hey Mike, I would like to be your coach."

Mike, "Really?"

Andy, "Yup!!"

Mike, "What do you want?"

Andy, "$5 million a year, A GM I trust and chicken wings, lots of them."

Mike, "Deal"

plus old man Bidwill finally has a guy who he can sit down with and scarf down 5 gallons of vanilla ice cream :)

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
Look for LSH to be utilized much more under Reid's System if he comes to AZ.

Yep, Brian Westbrook-esque screen passes and short dump offs like a bosssss

Coincidentally, Kolb to LSH on these types of passes has been money for us in the past too.

I'm very excited that we're moving fast and not letting the other teams dictate the pace of signings like we usually do.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
LOL! I coun'ld post this in the Grimm to Return Thead since it was deleted, but I have to post it somewhere:

Sources within the Cardinals organization indicate it shouldn't take long for Grimm to clear out his former desk, for it only contained 4 items: A Bruce Springstein Greatest Hits album, a pillow, a one pound container of Oberti Beef Jerky, and a turnstile manual.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AZ beat writers can't confirm:

@Cardschatter: Hearing same on Horton RT @kentsomers: don't have confirmation Cards close to hiring Reid. Didn't interview Horton until this afternoon.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
AZ beat writers can't confirm:

@Cardschatter: Hearing same on Horton RT @kentsomers: don't have confirmation Cards close to hiring Reid. Didn't interview Horton until this afternoon.
LOL! It seems AZ beat writers get scooped by national organizations on a reqular basis.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am positively giddy with all of the rumors. Hope it's true!

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What the hell is going in here? Schefter and others in national media saying this deal is close and then stuff like this comes out:

@RapSheet: Just heard the same thing... RT @MikeGarafolo: Andy Reid has not interviewed with the Cardinals yet.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
What the hell is going in here? Schefter and others in national media saying this deal is close and then stuff like this comes out:

@RapSheet: Just heard the same thing... RT @MikeGarafolo: Andy Reid has not interviewed with the Cardinals yet.

He hasn't at an "official" basis. I don't know why this gets surprises people. There are backroom deals done all the time.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
NFL source: #azcardinals have not yet spoken to Andy Reid. Still want it to happen. Plan to interview others.

2m Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
RE @MikeGarafolo noting Reid hasn't interviewed yet --Bidwill said Monday Horton was to be 1st interviewed, and that was just this afternoon

And this too.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He hasn't at an "official" basis. I don't know why this gets surprises people. There are backroom deals done all the time.

Yeah, particularly with big named coaches. If sources close to both parties report a mutual interest the interview is just a formality.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

National media is notorious for jumping the gun. Mutual interest=imminent as far as most of the national sports media is concerned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky