Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bruce Springsteen

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I get this text from one of my favorite ASFNers of ALL TIME. He wants to know who rocks more, Springsteen or Hall and Oates. Knowing that I am a South Jersey girl, he figured that I would be a good person to ask, I suppose. :) I gave him my answer. Now, we need yours.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
OK... couple of questions first:

1.) Who's your favorite ASFNer of all time? Aside from GEE! of course... :D

2.) Why would a South Jersey girl have some sort of special insight into Hall & Oates? I get the Springsteen connection - though Bruce was more a North and Central Jersey story than he was a South Jersey story wasn't he? IIRC, he was from Freehold, right?

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK... couple of questions first:

1.) Who's your favorite ASFNer of all time? Aside from GEE! of course... :D

2.) Why would a South Jersey girl have some sort of special insight into Hall & Oates? I get the Springsteen connection - though Bruce was more a North and Central Jersey story than he was a South Jersey story wasn't he? IIRC, he was from Freehold, right?

To answer question #2 ... Hall and Oates was a Philly band. I grew up 20 minutes from there. And, yes, Springsteen was more Central Jersey, born in Long Branch, but grew up in the Freehold area. I am usually very partial t South Jersey, however, any time a guy sings a song about Jersey Girls or has a song with my name in it, he pretty much can write his ticket. :)

And I will not answer question #1. He is one of my favs and he knows who he is. :) And Gee would never ask questions about Hall and Oats or Springsteen. :)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
To answer question #2 ... Hall and Oates was a Philly band. I grew up 20 minutes from there. And, yes, Springsteen was more Central Jersey, born in Long Branch, but grew up in the Freehold area. I am usually very partial t South Jersey, however, any time a guy sings a song about Jersey Girls or has a song with my name in it, he pretty much can write his ticket. :)

And I will not answer question #1. He is one of my favs and he knows who he is. :) And Gee would never ask questions about Hall and Oats or Springsteen. :)

Question #3) Why didn't you make this poll public?? ;)

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I realize that Springsteen is "The Boss", but the emperor has no clothes!

I mean, I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast, but Hall & Oates is far superior, and I'll tell you why:

1. You can get some action while listening to Hall & Oates.

The folks who get laid listening to Springsteen are, more than likely, behind bars.

Case in point, just google "romantic springteen songs" and this is what you'll get:

You must be registered for see images attach

2. Hall & Oates never sang about going after underage girls.

I would like to direct the jury's attention to exhibit B...the lyrics to "I'm On Fire":

Hey little girl is your daddy home
Did he go away and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
I'm on fire

Tell me now baby is he good to you
Can he do to you the things that I do
I can take you higher
I'm on fire

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six-inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet
And a freight train running through the
Middle of my head
Only you can cool my desire
I'm on fire

The Boss was 33 when he wrote and recorded this...where the hell is Chris Hansen when you need him!

3. ???

I have no words for this one...again, I point your attention to google (which never lies!):

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
BTW, my opinion on this is subject to change...depending on whether or not the hot girl I'm talking to likes The Boss or not...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The folks who get laid listening to Springsteen are, more than likely, behind bars.

Case in point, just google "romantic springteen songs" and this is what you'll get:

Hmmm...apparently that is only on your computer. Might have something to do with having "prison sex" in the Yahoo! search field of your AVG toolbar. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted for the Boss. Have seen him several times including the Born in the USA tour (at the ASU Activity Center...aka Wells Fargo Arena).

My uncle drove Bruce and Clarence around Arizona years before that tour and he and some of his college buddies followed Bruce and the band back when they played a lot of clubs (before their arena/stadium touring days).

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kiss on my List? Maneater?

Music doesn't get you laid. If you're gonna get laid, you're gonna get laid. Just sayin'. :) So that argument is out the window.

And he's not singing about a little girl in I'm On Fire. It's a figurative statement, as is the reference to daddy. But, if it makes you sleep better about loving Hall and Oates more than a man's man, then that's okay by me. :)

Love ya, Dot Ken! :)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one for me. I love me some Springsteen, but Hall and Oates is ****ing awesome--and I mean that. "Rich Girl?" One of the best songs ever. The Everclear cover proves it's timeless, IMO.

I'm totally prepared to take heat for this, BTW.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm stunned it's tied at this point (I concede it's super-early, though). 3-3!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Robert Wuhl is more of a Man's Man than The Boss...at least he was in a Batman movie!

I was singing Hall & Oates songs to my wife this morning and, you guessed it, I got some! If I was singing Springsteen songs she would have called the cops, and I would have been arrested for spousal abuse.

Of course, I had to change the name "Sara" to "Cathy" or I would have been in biiiiggg trouble. :)

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I haven't been able to understand a thing Springsteen says in like 50 years, or how ever long this guy has been "rocking" NJ.

I would use this formula:

Take the number of fist pumps in the air divide by the gallons of sweet produced per show subtract the total number of cars in the parking lot with handicap markers hanging from the rear view, add the number of booby flashes during the show plus extra points for guitar swirls minus points for back wraps & knee braces per band member minus points for ANY person on sight wearing a jean jacket, jean shirt, jean pants, and a head band.

And finally, who the heck is Hall and/or Oates ?

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, I had to change the name "Sara" to "Cathy" or I would have been in biiiiggg trouble. :)

LOL!

You know, my high school boyfriend used to sing "Born to Run" to me all the time. I hated it. Ugh, I hated it. And I didn't like Bruce for a long time simply due to association.

This guy to ok me to see both Hall and Oates and Springsteen in concert. He didn't get lucky either time, though that's when I was still innocent.

I like both of them.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm still in the H&O camp, here's a great cover of "I'm on Fire."

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. That was nice.

Gotta love a girl who can play the fiddle.
She's amazing. She plays a lot of different instruments. I've seen these guys live a few times...including once when they played with the Denver Symphony Orchestra...they put on one helluva show.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of girls that can fiddle, I saw John Mellencamp last night.

F'n awesome. The guy is an amazing entertainer. Such a talent.

(and before you asked if he's a girl that can fiddle, he's got a girl in the band that can. duh.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05