Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Anyone see the new trailer? I am very excited to see this film. I am a fan of this trilogy... for many reasons.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the new trailer? I am very excited to see this film. I am a fan of this trilogy... for many reasons.

The trailer freaking rocked. I don't usually get to excited about movies based on movie trailers. However, it came on and I wathced it in HD glory. OMG.

:jawdrop:

The other studios better move any movies that they don't want to get stomped during the release of this movie. It will pawn everything out.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
Anyone else happen to see this movie last night? It came out at 8pm so it was much easier for an office worker (like me) to be able to go see it on opening night.

I thought it was pretty good. Wrapped up a good number of plots as well as creating and completing a couple more. Some questions left unanswered, and will likely stay unanswered unless they make another one (which I don't think they will, unless it's a prequil (sp?)).

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else happen to see this movie last night? It came out at 8pm so it was much easier for an office worker (like me) to be able to go see it on opening night.

I thought it was pretty good. Wrapped up a good number of plots as well as creating and completing a couple more. Some questions left unanswered, and will likely stay unanswered unless they make another one (which I don't think they will, unless it's a prequil (sp?)).

I think Depp has stated that he would probably be good to do at least one more, so when this one makes 1.8 bajillion dollars worldwide, I think we can count on a fourth.... WOO-HOO!!! :thumbup:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't get into these movies, there isn't a draw for me. Maybe because it's Disney and it lacks gratuitous violence, but then why do I like Harry Potter?

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
I saw it last night I wasnt really a big fan of it....it seemed kinda long and drawn out.......if you go and see it make sure that you wait around for the end credits to roll. There is a short cliip at the very end but you will have to wait through approximately 15 min of credits to get to it so dont be mad at me if you wait and do not think it was worth it!!!!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series is kind of my Star Wars. I can't wait to see the new one.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The critics can (once again) kiss my bony white arse! This film ROCKS!!! It's absolutely fabulous and fantastically fun!! The characters are all great (I particularly love Geoffrey Rush's "Captain Barbosa."), the plot is full of great twists and turns (remember "You cheated!" "Pirate!") and the special effects are simply sensational and beyond belief. A rare 5 star movie, as far as I'm concerned.

I think the critics were stupid about it because 1). They just seem to hate long movies (166 minutes) in general, except for Gandhi, and 2). you actually have to pay attention to what's happening on the screen and listen to what the characters are saying.

So.... I can tell you that it seemed like a regular length movie to me, i.e. it went quickly, and if you plan to go stoned or smooching your sig other, then forget it.

A few critics actually complained of TOO MANY special effects. BALONEY!!!! Yes, there were a lot of effects, but nothing seemed forced or out of place to me. The sword fight between Jack and Davy Jones was mind-boggling!

As Judge Smails would say, "Top drawer.... TOP drawer!!!!).

p.s. the short bit at the end of the credits is a nice finish to the movie... the credits run about 9 minutes.... I thought it was worth it.

All IMHO, of course!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'll disagree with Uncle Chris, I liked it, but it was WAY too long for me and for most of the people in the theater. People were going out at the end to go to the bathroom and not going back in, just standing down the aisle watching, I came back myself and overheard people saying my god just because the pirates won't die doesn't mean the movie can never end.

It was good, the special effects were great, it was funny, but they could have cut 45 minutes to an hour and made a much more watchable film for me. Maybe I'm losing attention span as I get older, just too long for my tastes.

And yes the tip about staying through the credits is a good one, we didn't, nor did most of the people in the theater and I suspect most who go and see it and don't get that tip, won't stay.

Here's how long it was, there were two 13-14 year old girls in front of us dressed as pirates, when the movie ended, one started clapping, and the other said "god it's finally over."

Definitely worth seeing but don't see it at 11:20 Am like we did, I was starving by the end of the movie.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We at least we agree that it's a good movie, Russ.... ;)

However, the reaction in the theatre I was in was very different.... I saw one or two people get up during the whole movie (for whatever kind of break) and when it was over, I saw a lot of smiling faces and heard not one negative comment (the comments I heard were all pretty much, "man... that was great!).

So who knows..... I'll buy it on DVD and probably go and see it in the theatre again....

But you have to admit, that sword fight between Jack and Davy was AWESOME!!!