Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better than the 2nd one, I liked it. Less goofy, more serious...but still a bit long.

Can't go wrong with Keira Knightley as a pirate though...yum yum.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was... ok.

Had some problems with the length and some of the awful writing, but had fun with it. #1 is still the best of the series.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I didn't have any problems with the length, but I like long movies. I was surprised to learn, once it was over, that it was three hours long.

There was some cheesy parts but they were few and far between. I loved this movie and can't wait till it comes out on video.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not great but still good. The first is still the best. This was better then 2. The length of the movie didn't bother me at all. The movie was fun and the characters were fun. Maybe they tried to squeeze too much into the movie but all in all it was fun to watch.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Way...............

too........

long.

Me AND my ten year old fell asleep. Literally sound asleep.

Could've had 1 hour hacked off and been very good.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I loved it. There were a lot of people that didn't, including my family, but I thought it was the best of the trilogy. Good acting imo, fight scenes, humor and I didn't mind the length/talking/love scenes. It was a bit confusing with everything going on and
in the fight at the end, Calypso just seemed pointless, but it was still interesting to learn about her connection with Davy Jones

I just got back from the theaters. :)

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
I loved it. There were a lot of people that didn't, including my family, but I thought it was the best of the trilogy. Good acting imo, fight scenes, humor and I didn't mind the length/talking/love scenes. It was a bit confusing with everything going on and
in the fight at the end, Calypso just seemed pointless, but it was still interesting to learn about her connection with Davy Jones

I just got back from the theaters. :)

I agree.

It seems to me that since they decided to make the movie 3 hours they could have found some time to close the story of Calypso/Davy Jones.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
All in all, it was pretty good. I didn't find it that long...I've seen longer movies.

I only vaguely remember the first one, didn't see the second one so I found it pretty confusing with all the subplots, betrayls and characters.

And what was up with the 1 conjugal visit every 10 years??

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
just got back from it myself - my wife and i like it - the couple I went with didn't

i hated the 2nd movie, liked the first a lot and this fell somewhere inbetween - fight scenes were good, the plotlines were good as well - depp was a very minor part in the movie, which is why I think some did not care for it - most of his humor was gone and I could of lived without some of his other sequences

kiera knightly owned this movie and I think she did very well with it - barbosa was very good as well

all in all I was entertained - the story had a start and a finish, some laughs, some romance and some good action - enjoyed it more than the 3rd edition of shrek

jpjapes

Registered
Reaction score
Way...............

too........

long.

Me AND my ten year old fell asleep. Literally sound asleep.

Could've had 1 hour hacked off and been very good.

Totally Agree. The movie was just too long. Some old guy beside me fell asleep.

It wasn't bad... it just dragged on. Plus the girls I was with wanted to stay till the end to see the insignificant little clip at the end... I felt those credits were never going to end!

Nasser22

Reaction score
I just saw POTC 1 on USA. I should have seen it before this one. In the 3rd movie they referred to a lot of things that happened it the first one. I didn't realize that because I had forgotten most of what happened in the first movie until tonight.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Someone on another site told me it's Elizabeth running down the beach with a boy in front of her and then there's the green flash and Will comes on the shore...it's probably his son.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I went and saw this over the weekend and really enjoyed. I could see how length could be a problem for some (about 15-20 minutes could have been cut out and not lose anything off the plot) but it didn't bother me.

Good mix of comedy and action.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Good over all... Length was a bit too much, hated the multi Depp scenes, all of them... I have a very, very bad back and I don't care how comfortable those seats get, at the 2:30 mark my back is usually killing me.

If they would have cut those out, I would have loved the movie, would have cut it down by about 15 minutes. Still liked it did not love it. I rank the first as the best, 2nd as the worst and 3rd somewhere in the middle.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with the length, but I like long movies. I was surprised to learn, once it was over, that it was three hours long.

Same here. I didn't find it too long at all. I really enjoyed it.

I just saw POTC 1 on USA. I should have seen it before this one. In the 3rd movie they referred to a lot of things that happened it the first one. I didn't realize that because I had forgotten most of what happened in the first movie until tonight.

I rented both the first and second movies last weekend. Was glad I did. There was a lot I had forgotten. I think rewatching the other two made the third more enjoyable.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
Someone on another site told me it's Elizabeth running down the beach with a boy in front of her and then there's the green flash and Will comes on the shore...it's probably his son.

There's a youtube on it, but it's horrible quality. There's all sorts of rumors being tossed around based completely on the green flash. Someone even went as far as saying that since this was the first time anyone waited the 10 years (Davey did it, but Calipso wasn't waiting for him); that Will's duty is complete and he's free again. I don't put much weight into it since it's just an internet rumor, but it does make it a little more entertaining to think everyone could return for a sequal.

Nasser22

Reaction score
That's what my mom thinks...it's believable, but did Knightley and Bloom say they would do another movie? I thought I heard they wouldn't?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a youtube on it, but it's horrible quality. There's all sorts of rumors being tossed around based completely on the green flash. Someone even went as far as saying that since this was the first time anyone waited the 10 years (Davey did it, but Calipso wasn't waiting for him); that Will's duty is complete and he's free again. I don't put much weight into it since it's just an internet rumor, but it does make it a little more entertaining to think everyone could return for a sequal.

Interesting theory. I would love to see a 4th Pirates movie.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
I rented both the first and second movies last weekend. Was glad I did. There was a lot I had forgotten. I think rewatching the other two made the third more enjoyable.

I watched 1 & 2 before seeing 3 and thought the same thing. I also liked 2 WAY more than the first time I had seen it. I picked up on alot more this time around.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score

They explained the gree flash....sort of. Mr. Gibbs said that the green flash happens whenever someone comes back from "the other side"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05